MYCOPLASMA Question- Anyone with Chronic IGM levels long term??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chootik, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Hi Guys.

I just came back from the ID doctor and am concerned because he told me he has never seen anyone with chronic Mycoplasma IGM titers for such a long time! It's been 2 1/2 years since I got infected and I still have positive IGM levels of Mycoplasma in my blood!

My question is: Has anyone had long term Mycoplasma IGM levels show up in blood work?

Mikie, I know you had a Mycoplasma infection...so maybe you can help with this. When an infection is CHRONIC, is it the IGM or IGG levels that show up positive in blood tests? Also, how long does the IGM stay positive or active?

Not only that, the stupid doctor told me that if I'm feeling fine, no matter what the test shows, he is NOT going to give me Antibiotics! I couldn't believe that! To top it off, he says I only need 3 weeks of Antibiotics and then I'll be fine! What is wrong with these doctors??? Do they not read or do research? How can an Infectious Disease Dr. tell me this?? I'm just so confused and tired of all this.

If anyone knows anything about this or has had a similar experience, please let me know.

Thanks a bunch.

2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

both m. clamydia and m. pneumonia. My antibodies wax and wane w/ how I'm feeling. If I'm really exhausted and having CFS symptoms then I know they are up, I usually lean to the FM side though and pain, rather than fatigue is my bigger problem.

You do not need abx to treat mycoplasm. If you've read Mikies protocols, I believe she found Transfer Factors better and many use other natural remedies.

I was put on 9 mths of abx and all it gave me was chronic vaginitis every since, 7 yrs worth. Natural remedies keep it at bay better anyway w/out all the horrid side effects. strengthening the immune system is a better solution and abx only weaken it.

jeanne
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Were triggered by a mycoplasma infection on Dec. 24, 1990. I was very sick as though I had the flu. The doc only told me that I had it but not which strain. I had never heard of it before. I only had a couple of weeks of ABX and it was not sufficient. The infection only showed up because the it was active. I did eventually recover but was never the same. It left me crippled for quite a while. I could barely walk. I continued to work but kept getting sicker and sicker. Following a car accident almost six years ago, the FMS kicked in and I had to stop working.

I read of Dr. Garth Nicolson's work in mycoplasma research at his website, Immed, and took the info to my doc. We didn't do lab work but instead, I started 100 mgs. of Doxycycline twice a day. In three days, I Herxed like crazy. I took the Doxy for quite some time before I was able to pulse it off for two weeks and back on for six. The new protocol is to take it six months straight and then try to go off for the two weeks. One has to take the Doxy until symptoms are gone. This can be confirmed by doing PCR DNA tests.

If the blood work being done now shows evidence of mycoplasma infection, I would guess that treatment would be needed. If Dr. Nicolson is right, a few weeks on the treatment would not suffice. I was on the ABX for 2 1/2 years. I would print out the protocol and take it to the doc. ID's may not be aware of how bad chronic mycoplasma infections are for us. My rhumie told me that there was no such thing as a chronic mycoplasma infection.

I also did Heparin injections which caused a lot of immune reaction and Herxing. I also had viral infections and had to treat them as well with AV's.

Finally, I switched to the transfer factors to keep my own immune system more vigilant. I pulse them for a couple of days every 6 weeks. There is a TF for mycoplasmas sold by ProHealth on their website for physicians. It can only be ordered by a physician. I can't remember the name of that website. You would have to call ProHealth to find out. If I had it to do over, I would likely have just started out with the TF for the mycoplasmas but I didn't know about them then.

I have also taken probiotics, undenatured whey, and colostrum to rebuild my immune system. I use an electronic zapper which helps kill pathogens in the blood. All these things have helped a lot. Chronic infection is very hard for us to get rid of and it sucks the life out of us. I don't believe we can heal unless they are addressed.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie

4. pawprints

pawprints New Member

Thanks for all the info.

Here's a quick question: Much of the research I read says to take the Doxy 3 x day. I see you took it 2 x day. I also think the FFC gives it 2 x day.

So is twice a day now the norm for Doxy?

Hope you are doing well.
    Shana
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Some who go to the FFC's are taking higher doses of the Doxy. I don't know whether they are pos. for Lyme or not. I think with Lyme, the dose is higher.

It may also be that docs are discovering that higher doses work better. I really don't know for sure. Mycoplasmas and Lyme are both very hard to get rid of. The FFC's are very aggressive with the chronic infections. They evey use IV delivery in some cases.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  6. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I'll keep all this in mind. I will be trying some herbs first, but abx may be in my future. I am moving very slowly through each step. I tried to do too much at first and could not figure out what was causing what.

As always, thanks for your input.