Mycoplasma & Viral Infection Testing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerriM, Feb 4, 2003.

  1. TerriM

    TerriM New Member

    I have been reading a lot lately about Mycoplasma, Herpes 6 virus and other infections that are prominent with CFS patients. Have read about Garth Nicolson's lab in Texas that processes these tests. My question is what type of dr. do you see to have this testing done. I've been to tons of specialists and have asked some of them this question and they all say they don't know how to request this testing. I have been tested for Epstein-Barr and do not have it . . . any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I will be going to Genetics at John's Hopkins soon, so if there is someone up there I could see for this testing too it would be great . . . Terri
  2. TerriM

    TerriM New Member

    Thanks . . . I phoned the lab in california. They weren't sending me anything, but had a infectious disease dr. list and gave me doctors in my area. I have the 800 number and the person's name with the list with his direct number. I will post a new message a little later with this so anyone who needs it can get it. Terri
  3. sb439

    sb439 New Member

    I had some of these tests done by a CFIDS specialist in New York who specializes in the viral/bacterial/allergen area of CFIDS, and I think my insurance even paid some of it. (How reliable the tests of the lab she uses are, I don't know - I'll have to ask her next time.)Generally, I think, if you can afford it, a CFIDS specialist is best, as they will know from your symptoms and history of illness what virusses/bacteria/etc. you are most likely to have.