Mycoplasmas, Candida and Mercury.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dojomo, Apr 3, 2003.

1. dojomo

dojomo New Member

I have a hunch that the opportunistic infections we get are mercury resistant infections......

Mercury has been used as a perservative in many vaccinations (because of it's bacteriostatic properties) including FLU shots.......if vaccines have been contaminated with mycoplasmas...then mycoplasmas must be mercury resistant.......I set out to prove this and can only find veterinary studies (wonder why)... But I think veterinarians are much smarter than MD's. The Vet community removed Thimerosal from animal vaccines in 1991....FDA didn't remove mercury from most of our vaccines till 1999..... Anyway I found this study....and presume animal vaccinations come from the same vaccine makers as human vaccines.........

A survey of mycoplasma detection in veterinary vaccines. Thornton DH.

Nine live virus veterinary vaccines from six sources were found to be contaminated with mycoplasma. The vaccines were for use in canine, feline and avian species, and 53 batches of the products were at fault. The isolates were identified as Mycoplasma hominis, M. arginini, M. orale, M. hyorhinis and M. gallinarum. Investigation of the contamination rate of other batches or other products from the same source in some cases helped to determine the source of infection. Mycoplasma contaminants can be considered important not only because of their role as pathogens but also because they may indicate that insufficient care has been taken during vaccine manufacture or quality control

Now, to address candida and Mercury,

Transformations of inorganic mercury by Candida albicans and Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
    Yannai S, Berdicevsky I, Duek L.
    Department of Food Engineering and Biotechnology, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa.

Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Candida albicans were incubated with 0.25, 0.5, or 0.75 micrograms of Hg (as HgCl2) per ml of Nelson's medium in the presence of trace amounts of oxygen at 28 degrees C for 12 days. Two control media were used, one without added Hg and one without yeast inoculum. Yeast cell growth was estimated after 1, 2, 3, and 8 days of incubation. The contents of organomercury in the system and of elemental mercury released from the media and collected in traps were determined at the end of the experiments. The results were as follows.
    (i) C. albicans was the more mercury-resistant species, (ii) The amounts of organomercury produced by the two species were proportional to the amount of HgCl2 added to the medium. In all cases C. albicans produced considerably larger amounts of methylmercury than S. cerevisiae. (iii) The amounts of elemental Hg produced were inversely proportional to the HgCl2 level added in the case of S. cerevisiae but were all similar in the case of C. albicans. (iv) Neither organomercury nor elemental Hg was produced in any of the control media

Anybody else see the link here?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That the many vaccines given to the Gulf War Vets in rapid succession right before deploying were contaminated with mycoplasmas. I believe that is what caused the Gulf War Illness.

I got sick Dec. 24, 1990, just weeks before the Gulf War started. I lived next to a military facility where the soldiers were receiving their vaccinations. I no doubt was infected while out shopping in the Christmas crowds. I came down with what felt like the worst flu I ever had. I was left crippled for months afterward. The infection was still in its active state, so it did show up in a blood test. I was given antibiotics, but not enough to completely get rid of the infection. I am sure the soldiers passed this infection on to family members and pets while the infection was active and contageous.

It wasn't until Dr. Garth Nicolson researched the cause of his daughter's GWI that he discovered the mycoplasma connection, not only to GWI, but also to CFS/FMS and probably a whole bunch of other illnesses like ALS, Lupus, and MS. We now know that it takes at least six months of being on ABX before anyone recovers from a mycoplasma infection.

Love, Mikie