Mycoplasmas infectionsHow were you Dx.'d?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AbbeyMae, Aug 3, 2006.

1. AbbeyMae

AbbeyMae New Member

I have a question. I, myself, fibro-buddy, and her husband want to know---"what kind of blood test or other test was capable of detecting the mycoplasma/infection?"

I, myself, saw a Vital Hematologist,(also a Naturopathic Dr. and a Master Herbalist) had mine detected from looking at my blood under a microscope. He was also able to detect other pathogens.

What I would like to know what type of test detected your mycoplasma?

These labs here that the Dr.'s send us to for blood tests do not seem to detect much. I call them generic labs. Maybe I might be wrong, maybe it is the tests the so called DR.'s are ordering.

I would really appreciate some feedback on this, please.

Love and hugs to you all,

AbbeyMae
  2. AbbeyMae

AbbeyMae New Member

3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Prof. Garth Nicolson's lab in Calif.

http://www.immed.org/index.htm
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Are about the only reliable tests once infections have gone stealth and chronic. Even these tests are iffy, especially if the blood is not carefully handled. If you go to Dr. Nicolson's website, Immed, you can read about mycoplasmas and the tests involved.

Mine showed up in a blood test because I was very sick and my body was producing antibodies to the mycoplasmas. The infection was in the acute phase and not the chronic phase. Most people just think they have the flu when they first get sick and the infection goes chronic and flies below the radar of the immune system. It's very much like Lyme infection.

Red blood cells will plump up when one has a mycoplasma infection and it is possible to see this under a mycroscope.

Hope this helps.

Love, Mikie
  5. AbbeyMae

AbbeyMae New Member

Thank you lenasvn and Mikie for your replies! I really appreciate you taking time out to answer an important question to me.

And Mikie, I apologize for spelling your name wrong before. I think I added a c to it.

But, as I say, if that is the worst thing we have to worry about, we are doing ok. We can only wish some trivial things that may worry us/someone is the worst we have to worry about.

Also, Mikie, I read that you saw two movies/Dvds called The Bleep and The Secret. I did not see them at Blockbusters, so where could I find them.

Since my losses from my DD's( health, job, Apt., etc.) and the loss of my son, I have somewhat lost myself. I use to do a lot of recovery work, with affirmations, self improvement, and many others.

I do know I have to make that part of my life again. I feel as though I have let myself become spiritually bankrupt. Which is so not like me.

I would appreciate the feedback,

Love and hugs,

AbbeyMae
  6. AbbeyMae

AbbeyMae New Member

7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Spelling doesn't count here, even names, and it's a good thing too. Seems that's what most of us lose to these illnesses, even those who were once great spellers.

Strange to hear you use the term, spiritually bankrupt. That exactly how I felt after my divorce and losing my Mom and I also used that term. I think it's a form of PTSD. Our emotions will become kind of numb until we are able to deal with them. I do think grief therapy is the best thing for this.

About the DVD's...I was able to rent "What The BLEEP Do We Know" at Movie Gallery. They sell it at the What The BLEEP website. You can sign up for their e-newsletter, which contains a lot of good articles. That is where I learned about "The Secret." I went to The Secret website and downloaded the film to my computer for $4.99. You can pause it just as though you were watching it on TV. You can buy it but it's not cheap. You have to have a fast connect cable hookup in order to watch the film online.

Most people who watch the BLEEP DVD say they watched it two or three times. It is pretty deep and I agree. It can take several viewings to really "get it," especially the part about how we become addicted to our own emotions. "The Secret," on the other hand, is very straight forward and I don't think I would watch it again. It's very good, but I took some notes and feel I got everything I needed from it the first time through.

Good luck to you; I keep you in my prayers.

Love, Mikie