Mycoplasmas? PCR? Got some questions.. (mikie?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aaron19, Aug 24, 2003.

1. aaron19

aaron19 New Member

Ok I'll start by saying I've had Fibro for 2 years now, ever since I got the Hep.B vaccine. I also know that at the time there was still Thimersol ( which contains mercury ) in the vaccine.. and I never had any serious injuries, just got really sick.
    So...

I believe thatI could have these Mycoplasmas and my body could have been going through herxing stages when the pain was really bad.

What kind of doctor do I see to ask for a PCR test??

MD? Rheumatologist? Infectious Disease?

-----Aaron-----

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The problem will most likely be finding a doc who will have the tests done. If you go to Dr. Garth Nicolson's website, you can find out how to get the tests done. I think the Great Smokies Labs may do this too. You can get a kit with instructions for whomever draws the blood. It has to be drawn, packed in ice and overnighted to the lab. It is probably best to have it drawn as late as possible to still get it into the overnight flight as the half-life of the mycoplasma is only 24 hrs. Jelly may have more info on this.

We have lots of info on mycoplasmas here in our library. Do a search and print out the info for your doc. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. aaron19

aaron19 New Member

I typed in "mycoplasmas" for a keyword search in the library and no results and the same with Dr. Garth Nicolson and no results?
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And I found three articles searching on mycoplasmas and 21 articles searching on Nicolson. Try again and see if you have better luck.

Love, Mikie
  5. aaron19

aaron19 New Member

Yea I'm always looking for more info on this.. Im really trying to figure out why I feel this bad because I've tested negative to everything!!

-HIV
    -CMV
    -Epstein Barr
    -Lupus
    -Lyme
    -Any kind of arthritis

Just changes in my CPK ( was near 6000, been normal & still is ) and thyroid changes.Maybe something just isn't showing up yet. Whatever the case, I hope I go into "remission" soon because I want to go to college!!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/24/2003]
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Appreciate your help with this.

Love, Mikie
  7. sumbuni

sumbuni New Member

Arron,
    Go to the Gulf War Vets Home Page. I have printed an article by Dr Garth Nicholson and some other Doc. and researchers. the article is "Mycoplasmal Infections in Chronic Illnesses: Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndromes, Gulf War Illness, HIV-AIDS and Rheumatioid Arthritis" They are researching the similarities in these chronic illnesses. I have CFS, I have a friend with AIDS..you would be surprised at the things that both of us suffer alike. Thrush, among many other things.

Take Care,

God Bless you and help you to make it to college!!

Sumbuni