Myers cocktail

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by frosty50, Dec 10, 2006.

1. frosty50

frosty50 New Member

Has anyone ever heard of this? I got on a website to check something for my dad and I read up on this.
    Let me know if anyone has had experience with this.
    Thanks
    Frosty
  2. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

Hi,

I've been receiving a Myer's Cocktail tailored to MY specific needs (vitamin/mineral deficiencies) for 6 1/2 years, and I've found it to be tremendously helpful with energy and pain though more with energy and immune functioning as I cannot digest oral supplements well at all.

Fortunately, my immunologist who specializes in M.E. and FM and Lyme and allergies takes Medicare/Medicaid. Otherwise, it can be very expensive.

It's worth a try if your insurance pays and you find a doctor who first tests you for what you need.

You can also consider intramuscular vitamin/mineral injections though my arms became way too sore and triggered bursitis in my shoulders after seven years of injections.

Best of luck!

LB32 (Leeza)
  3. BobinGermany

BobinGermany New Member

Hi,
    I have used the Myers cocktail with good results for pain relief and energy. When I say pain relief I mean it lowers it some but doesnt totally get rid of it. I first read about it on the web and it sounded interesting to me. My wife's friend is a homeopathic <sp> doctor. She came and visited for the weekend and started them for me. I was to make a trip to the US in two days and just couldn't go because I was so run down and just bad mentally and physically. It's a long trip for someone with FM/CFS. Amazingly after 5 IV's I was able to go, spend around 22 hours traveling alone and do it all ok. She trained me on how to do them myself. In summary, my experience was that it's not a miracle cure or anything like that but it sure helped me. I hope I have helped in some way.

God Bless,
    Bob
  4. BobinGermany

BobinGermany New Member

If you can find a medical professional or someone trained in IV therapy to do this for you rather than have it done in a doctor's office it is not so expensive. If I remember correctly I pay around 30.00 for all of the "ingredients" and the IV tube, needle, etc. I don't recommend anyone to do this alone without the training of a medical professional...

God Bless,
    Bob