Myhill: Magnesium rectally instead of shots OY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kombucha, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Kombucha

Kombucha New Member

Hi all,

I got this from the free Dr. Myhill book. For sure the one thing that always worked for me was giving myself magnesium b-12 shots. But after the expense and a feeling that it was no treatment only a feel better thing I stopped over a decade ago.

But now as I'm sort of following Myhills protocal I thought I'd try her magnesium up the whazzoo. In her book she says to dissolve 500 grams of magnesium sulphate in 1 litre of warm water. This can be stored for months in the fridge, reheat amount when want to use. How you use it is in an enema. syrnge, I got it from the drugstore as well as the Epsom salts which came in little milk cartons (less than 500 grams) and I mixed it with water and filled a quart mason jar.

She is not real specific about exactly how much to use and retain, start with little amounts, adjust as needed sort of thing.

Well yesterday I tried this. And really it is every bit as good as a magnesium shot. It feels the same stability/strengh/energywise.

The enema thing I think was 6 and a carton of the epsom was under 2 bucks, and I think there will be many many uses left of it. The benefit of shots without the cost and pain.

So good luck to anyone wanting to try this and please post your results.

Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 12/11/2006]
  2. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Linda,
    Hey, I'm up for trying almost anything. Actually over the yrs. people have gotten away from taking things rectally. Use to do that much more in my mom's day. It's a very effective way of absorbing things that might upset the stomach.

I'm going to give that a try.

Thanks,
    kbak
  3. Kombucha

Kombucha New Member

I'm not brave at all ya know, I'm rather conservative to a lot of CFS'rs and what they'll try!

There is often magnesium sulphate (epsom salts) in commercial enemas to get the bowel moving, so I figure heck, with epsom salts you can swallow the stuff, sit in a tub with it, or put it up your bottom, worth a go.

I've done it twice, and I think I can really feel an increase in blood levels of magnesium. It likely costs a quarter, otherwise injections are really expensive and supplements I don't think works as good as this.

I hope someone else will give it a try though. I'd like to hear their response especially against perceived benefits of the mag. injections over the enema.

Linda
  4. Kombucha

Kombucha New Member

This sort of goes along with the Make your own transdermal b-12 post I just made, CFS and magnesium/b-12 goes together!

Linda