Myhills Mineral mix equivilent?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acer2000, Dec 15, 2006.

1. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

Has anyone found a commercially available multimineral that has ingredients in proportion to the "MMM" mix that Dr. Myhill has in her book? The ones I am finding seem to have either way more calcium (like 1000mg) or are missing some of the minerals. She has the following in her forumla:

Calcium (as calcium chloride)60 mgs
    Magnesium (as magnesium chloride)70 mgs
    Potassium (as potassium chloride)40 mgs
    Zinc (as zinc chloride)6mgs
    Iron (as ferric ammonium chloride) 3mgs
    Iodine (as potassium iodate) 3mgs
    Manganese (as manganese chloride) 2 mgs
    Boron (as sodium borate) 2 mgs
    Cobalt (as cobalt sulphate) 1mg
    Copper (as copper sulphate) 0.2mgs
    Molybdenum (as sodium molybdate) 40 mcg
    Selenium (as sodium selenate) 40 mcg
    Chromium (as chromium chloride) 40 mcg
  2. cct

cct Member

I take my minerals individually (in liquid form) so that I have control over the quantity on any given day. For example, on some days I need much more magnesium than I do on other days and since I have a calcium absorbtion problem, I have to be very careful with the amount of calcium that I take.

To make up for any deficits, I will take 1/8 teaspoon of Trace Mineral Drops a couple of times a week.
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm with cct. I think it's wiser to take them separately so we can add them one at a time and so if something doesn't agree with us we know what it is. It's more time consuming and maybe more expensive but I'd rather not have another supplement sitting on my shelf that I can't take.

I have to pass up a lot of good supplements from ProHealth for just this reason.

Good luck!

Marta