Myofascial Pain Syndrome Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by monica33flowers, Feb 4, 2008.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Are these the same? I saw my migraine dr. last week and I see he wrote down that I suffer from Myofascial Pain this the same as Fibromyalgia?
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Yes, I have them both also. Both are bad but think I have had the Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome longer and didn"t realize it. My face,., neck and shoulders are the worst all the time.. Then goes the back and everything else UGH !

Sorry for your dx. I found out about the Myofasical pain from and other gal on another site a few years ago before I was dxed and brought that to the attention to my dr. and she agreede. Has it all for to long though -- like close to 25 years, sometime ago. This DD has a list of symptoms a mile long to. Check it out. It is in your browser, I think.

Sorry hon. Gotta run.

3. momof471

momof471 New Member

diagnosedwith the cmps before fibro. Very painful.

God Bless
  4. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Is this the same as Chronic pain syndrome?

My Dr. gave me a printout of my last visit (they went to a new computer system) and she had this listed as well as fibro.

I didn't notice it until I came home. I'll ask my next visit.

5. sisland

sisland New Member

Add me to the list too! My Dr. Exsplained it to be the Myophasia (Sp) is the lining covering all the muscles (That looks like the thin white skin you find covering uncooked chicken)

I know it sounds gross! but she said that it tightens up over the muscles and causes alot of tender pain spots!,Over,,,the whole body!,,,,,,,,,,,,this is why i do alot of stretching every day to keep it loosened up! and yes it does help,,,,,,,,,,S

[This Message was Edited on 02/06/2008]
  6. liveagain

liveagain New Member

is this the pain you and I had been talking about and thought it might be related to the weather?
    What are your sypmtoms of myofascial pain? What is he doing about it?
  7. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

from my understanding, Chronic Myofascial Pain has trigger points (lumps of muscle that hurt like hell), whereas Fibromyalgia has chronic, widespread, diffuse pain that hurts like hell.

But I could be wrong.