Myofascial PT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reeny64tang, Nov 6, 2006.

  1. reeny64tang

    reeny64tang New Member

    I just got back from my Neurologist visit. She put me on Topamax for my headaches and a script to see a Myofascial PT. Has anyone been to one? If so has it helped? I just looked at the info on the facility and found out that they do not accept any insurance -- so therefore I won't be going - can't afford to pay out of pocket.
  2. suz45

    suz45 New Member


    Does your insurance carrier cover for Chiropratic care, many do as the NIH now recognizes chiropractors as first person conatacts. I see a chiropractor for MPS trigger point release and it has really helped.

    The chiro I see charges per fee session 41.00, I pay a samll copay. Make sure that if you see a Chiro, that 1. they accept your insurance carrier, 2. ACA accredited and licensed, 3. Trained in Trigger point release, myofascial pain therapy, which may include the use of TENs unit, heat, not just back crunching, I have found this to be an effective way to manage my MPS pain. PTs are good but usually cost more $$$ and many chiros are equally trained in MPS release.

    I know my PCP gave me a referral to one as he couldn't help me out (meds only) and was open minded to the idea of chiropractic. Hope this helps.

  3. reeny64tang

    reeny64tang New Member

    thank you for the info. I will check out the threads.
    I love the help I get on here. You guys are great
  4. LittleBluestem

    LittleBluestem New Member

    Is there another PT in your area that know Myofascial Therapy and does accept insurance?

[ advertisement ]