Mysricbrit will you give some ALLOWED foods on your diet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Feb 25, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I hope you are feeling better after your pizza debockle, is that a word??

As I have mentioned my Dr thinks gluten may be what is causing my issues, but I don't do veggies, can't eat fruit because of my dentures, only really like apples and banana's.

I am a total carb person and don't do a lot of meat again because of my dentures. Is there any hope for me?

I love pizza, lasgna, mac and cheese, all pre-packaged, the only thing I really cook is baked spaghetti with lots of cheese.

So what CAN one eat? Thanks-Carla
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

don't mean to butt in here, but if you need to eat more veggies, maybe in soup? I often blenderize it to make it 'creamy' without the actual cream or wheat flour or other 'stuff' used to thicken many soups, so it would be an easy way to get your veggies in every day!

If you can tolerate any raw veggies, this can also be done with a super blender like Vitamix - lots of recipes for 'raw green soups' altho actually all you have to do is blend banana, apple, and a few leaves of kale or romaine lettuce for instance with it.

My son is Vitamixing raw broccoli, carrot, banana and likes it amazingly... this is a now 20 yo young man who hated veggies pre-Lyme. I like cooked broccoli, but, not raw, so I'm amazed he likes it.

Just a thought...

all the best,

[This Message was Edited on 02/25/2008]
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

You may but in when ever you like,lol- The problem is I don't like veggies in ANY form. I have tried them and gag. I was forced to eat them as a child and would take a bite and drink them down with out chewing them, mostly corn, peas, beans.

Tried raw broc and cauli about 10 years ago when I was told I was a diabetic, but I wasn't after all. I can't do it, I have tried and after many years (long ago) in the food service industry as a cook, I can't even stand the smell of them.

If I had to choose Fibro/CFS without a cure or Celiac with a "cure" of not eating gluten, I would take Fibro/CFS anyday. Sad but true, I enjoy my comfort foods and do them in moderation for my weight but to do totally without them would be too much for me. Carla