N60 pain drug clinical trial columbia university

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Jul 27, 2010.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Does anyone know anything about this drug? Please post if you can looks like clinical trials might be starting.
    Where is columbia university? Look it up it is in New York
    hensue
    [This Message was Edited on 07/28/2010]
  2. lisadot

lisadot New Member

I happen to be a clinical research nurse with fibro. You bet this interests me. I see nothing on clinicaltrials.gov.

I wrote to the group who seems to be handling this compound. I used the email address techventures@columbia.edu . If I hear back I'll let you know. I anticipate the early trials may run first at Columbia, before heading out to a larger area.

Lisadot
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

From what was written the funds are not there yet for clinical trials?? If it was pretty good I would think Pharma would be all over the drug.
    Hopefully they just dont know about it yet.

Please let me know when any trials start. I really appreciate it we need some help here.

Thanks
    hensue
  4. lisadot

lisadot New Member

Hi Hensue,
    Well, I was very pleased to receive an answer so quickly! I will show you the response below. I too would hope Big Pharma jumps to get this drug. Maybe they'll want to see some preliminary studies before shelling out what is bound to be a lot of money. I wish money wasn't even an issue, but it's the reality. Hang in there. Someday we'll have a better solution, just in case this doesn't work out. If it works, I hope they treat it like an more like an orphan drug and get it to market as fast as possible. It may be risky, but for many, I'm sure they'd like to try it out even if it's not been tested in tens of thousands of subjects.

"Dear Ms. XXX
    So sorry to hear about your pain. Fibromyalgia is a terrible condition and we are working very hard to alleviate this type of pain. Our compound is very promising and we are trying to persuade the National Institutes of Health to fund the steps necessary to bring the drug to clinical trials. I will keep your name on file in the event that we are recruiting patients.
    Best wishes,
    Professor Ambron"
  5. hensue

hensue New Member

That was great work on your part and the Professor!
    Thanks
    hensue