NAET of any use?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Diegolady, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Diegolady

Diegolady New Member

Anyone experienced NAET (Namburipad's Allergy Elimination Techniques)? I had my 1st meeting with the therapist and am not sure about its REAL outcomes.
  2. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

It helped cure my interstitial cystitis but did not help the chronic fatigue.
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...the single biggest factor in my recovery from FM. I personally think my food allergies had a huge amount to do with my fM symptoms. I also had many horrible nasal allergy symptoms like congestion, chronic sneezing, eyes, nose, mouth itching, etc. I'd been "chasing" these for years, thinking they were just kind of a generic "hay fever"...instead, I found out thru NAET that I was allergic to eggs & dairy---because I had no "stomach" type symptoms, I had dismissed the idea of food allergies, never realizing that food allergies can also cause a lot of fatigue and pain, plus my sneezing, congestion, etc.

Anyway, I found NAET to be extremely helpful, did it for several months, got past the "basics" and was into the more fine-tuned allergies when I happened to be dx'd with Leukemia, so I had to stop the NAET as I had bigger fish to fry, so to speak.

But my NAET experience was very positive, I really do believe it DOES work, though it's tough to try to explain it to anyone as far as HOW it works. It helped that my NAET practitioner was very reasonably priced, since it wasn't covered by my insurance.

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. Diegolady

Diegolady New Member

Thanks, Pam - I am more hopeful that the NAET will help with all my food allergies. I tried to explain it to my husband, but the more I explained it the more it sounded like a kind of voodoo!! I pray that you find help and peace with your current crisis.
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

You know, I think that NAET does the best job with food allergies; I agree, it's hard to explain to the average person! Someone told me it's a lot like kineseology, but I don't know much about that. I just really feel NAET did the most for me of all the things I tried for my FM symptoms. In fact, it was after I'd dealt with my food allergies through NAET that I was able to return to work fulltime, which had been a goal.

I hope you have the same good experience. I am going into my fourth spring allergy-free---spring used to nearly KILL me; I was miserable with sneezing, congestion, itching, sleepless nights, using every prescription med, plus OTC ones, known to man but still getting almost no relief. I use NO allergy meds any more, I literally don't even buy kleenex unless someone else in my house has a cold. I used to go through boxes of the stuff! I attribute this to fixing my dairy & egg allergies through NAET---which I never even realized I HAD until tested by my NAET practitioner.

Good luck with it! BTW, I am almost one year in remission from Leukemia, so that's going well, too---so far. Think positive, right?!

Keep us posted on how the NAET's going...

Hugs,
    Pam

6. Diegolady

Diegolady New Member

Pam; thanks for the encouragement. I just had my 2nd visit this afternoon. I took along all my meds and vitamins (a rather LARGE bag full). She 'tested' me with them and 1/2 turned out to be no-no's - especially those with B vitamins. I was concerned that included in the 'no' bag were my FM meds, particularly the magnesium and malic acid. She has a new machine, an Advance Bio-Photon Analyzer, that she used on the 'no' bag while I sat with my left hand on the machine and a wire wrapped around and into the bag. After a few minutes she said that everything in the bag was now OK to take!!! Just try to explain that to someone!!! Time will tell...still working on the egg and chicken allergy. 2 down, about 20 to go....
    So glad you are in remission. Keep in touch. Diegolady.
  7. Juloo

Juloo Member

Although NAET didn't cure my CFS/FM, I consider it one of the unexpected highlights of alternative treatments that I've tried. I had a really interesting experience with one of the sessions -- the day after I was treated for reaction to milk, my sinuses ALL OF A SUDDEN reversed the constant swelling and I could breathe freely.

I was also treated for nickel (in white gold...a favorite ring always caused a single circular blister around my finger whenever I wore it), and I have no more problems in that area either.

I remember telling someone else who asked the same question that although NAET has all the hallmarks of hocus pocus, I found that suspension of disbelief wasn't necessary for it to be of help!
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I had the same experience with the B Vitamins! Now, after treatment, I can take them.

Yet there were other things I felt SURE were No Nos that weren't...which made me feel good, though, that I didn't have some "faker" telling me I was allergic to absolutely EVERYTHING. And then I compared my NAET doc's findings to allergy testing I'd had a couple of years before by an immunologist---which I hadn't looked at for a while, and didn't show my NAET doc---and sure enough, it was right on the money (that immunologist had told me to just eliminate ALL the allergens from my diet...a near impossibility for me).

Anyway, while NAET didn't "cure" FM, I'd still say it was the single most positive thing I've ever done to help my FM...enough to feel ready to return to work, which I did almost 5 years ago now.

And I STILL have a hard time explaining it to anybody!!!

Keep us posted on your progress...

Hugs,
    Pam

9. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...you, too, keep us posted! I'd love to hear what you think and if you feel it helps you...

Hugs,
    Pam