Nagging Dry Cough!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CFIDSNicole, Aug 7, 2005.

1. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

For the past few days, I have been waking up at night coughing; I keep cough drops next to my bed because this sometimes happens to me, but it is also happening through the day. Today, I can't stop coughing! It is a very dry cough, nothing in my throat. Just an annoying itch or tickle. No amount of water or cough drops helps (my cough drops have honey in them).

Anyway, if anyone knows why this may be happening or have an idea of how to help it, please let me know. It is very irritating!

Thanks so much,
    Nicole
  2. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

bump anyone?

Nicole
  3. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

I don't know f I am coming down with anything, but I don't think so. I"m not feeling any more fluish than normal, but it can be hard to tell sometimes. This just strikes me as different from my typical cold because it is so dry.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!
    Nicole
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It may just be allergies but all new symptoms need to be checked. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

By any chance did you start any new meds?

When my doc put me on Altace, I had a dry cough all night, every night, that I could not tolerate. When I called the doc, he told me that a dry cough was one of the main side effects from Altace and a lot of people could not take it. So, he changed me to Diovan.

jlh/Janet
  6. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

I am seeing my GP on Wednesday as a follow up. If I am still having problems, I'll talk to her about it.

The only thing I started recently was Zantac 150; I started it about a week and a half ago or a little longer.

Guess I'll just have to ride it out . . . like everything else. :)

Nicole
  7. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

Yes, I do have problems with reflux--not all the time, I don't think, but I have recently been going through a spurt of it, along with some gallbladder type problems, I think. I think you are on to something there!!

Also, I have been gaining weight, too. :(

Thank you so much for responding, I think you hit it exactly on the head as to what my problem is.

Thanks again, Jan,
    Nicole
  8. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Hi Nicole:

I had that problem quite a lot when I was first diagnosed with GERD. My husband and I raised the head of our bed up six inches and that helped a lot.

I also came down with recurrent ear infections that they didn't know what was causing them. It turned out the acid was going into the ear canals and inflamming my ears. It can also go into the lungs which can be very painful.

Try the bed trick....

Regards,

Eileen
  9. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

Thanks! I might try it. I have been having ear pain lately, perhaps the reflux is causing that, too? Wow. I never would have thought that. My ear pain is not quite like an ear infection though. I usually do have fluid buildup behind the drum, but it is always clear, so the doc said it was just allergies.

Very interesting,
    thanks,
    Nicole