Nancy Manager

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by caffey, Dec 6, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

Hi there:
    Just a quickie note to let you know that your name is on my stickie on the monitor and you are being prayed for as you go through this awful season. Please know that you are not alone. I wish I could do something to physically help you. I know you will do fine. Just take it literally a step at a time and don't think too far ahead. God Bless.
    Cath
  2. 143alan

143alan New Member

Hi Caffey,
    Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers and for continuing to pray. I have pre-op tomorrow and still have sinus drainage and the crud. I've been on an antibiotic for a week and doesn't seem to be helping except that I don't have the sinus pressure, headache and temp.

I know this probably sounds crazy but I have this fear of not being able to breath during surgery and they can't tell it or something. I know that they have monitors and will be able to tell but I've seen and heard so many medical nightmares everything involving being a hospital scares me. I've also had my own medical nightmares, especially waking up in OR during surgery and waking up in the recovery room in excruciating pain, so of course I'm scared of that.

I remind myself that fear is not of the Lord so it's just Satan trying to get to me about this surgery. That's why I appreciate as many prayers as possible to protect me from his attacks.

I pray you have a good day caffey and thanks again.
    Nancy (TN)

P.S. Bandwoman Nancy and I are friends and we use Nancy (IL) for her and (TN) for me sometimes to tell us apart if we respond to the same posts. In case you ever see that
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

For the info. I am praying. I know you must scared. If it were me I would be scared out of my gourd. Whenever I have an anesthetic I just commit myself to the Lord. Sounds easy but if I had the scary experiences you have had I would like I say be scared out of my gourd. I'll keep praying for God's peace and do you have some soothing praise and worship cd's to take with you so you can rest in God. I don't know what else to say . I don't want to sound trite or religious. Just know you are not alone and I have God to guide the surgeons and watch over you. Also praying God will send you some practical help. I am a nurse and I wish I could come and help you. God is in the middle of this somewhere. Honest.
    Cath
  4. 143alan

143alan New Member

You are so sweet caffey. I'm not sure what's going on now but it's 4a.m. and I have pre-op today and I'm sick, appears to be just a horrible cold/allergies, runny nose, itchy watery eyes, sneezing. It's getting irritating to keep getting sick when I had myself mentally ready for this surgery.

Well, I'm going to try for some more sleep. Thanks again and I wish you could be here too. Do you still work?
    Take Care
    Nancy
  5. caffey

caffey New Member

Nancy: Was praying for you this morning and will continue to do so. I haven't worked in almost 3 years. I was getting out of the car coming home from work and herniated L4 L5 in my back. It left me with nerve damage. Plus a lot of other problems from these dds. I walk with a walker. I live alone but have son who is 29 but lives about 25 miles away. Our government allows for a person to come in 1x a week to help with a shower and do light housekeeping. So it is a challenge. When I was working I did community nursing so I know what services you need when you come home that is why I wish you were here so I could set that up for you but then your system in the US is much different than ours in Canada. Remember you are not alone during this time. Just rest in God and know there are a lot of people on these board praying and rooting for you and if we could we would all be there to help. So I am sending you all the cyber help you need ok?
    Cath
  6. 143alan

143alan New Member

You are so sweet. I'm so sorry about your back, could they not operate to relieve some of your pain or nerve damage? I have a friend who lives in Canada and she's had really obvious signs of hypermenorrhia and other gynological problems and it's taken two different doctors 3 years to finally send her for a pelvic ultrasound which happens to be the same day as my surgery. She's not real thrilled with the health care system there any more than I am thrilled with ours. I'm relieved that my surgeon is a Christian and his staff are reported to be wonderful. The hospital in my town I wouldn't let work on my dog.

Well, take care and thanks again for your thoughts and prayers. They are working as I've gotten sick twice now and been healed both times and the surgery is still a go.
    Nancy
  7. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Blessings that will calm you, and prayers. I wish you could fast forward several months and be in a wonderful time.
  8. caffey

caffey New Member

Praying for you this morning. Everything will be ok. Jesus has His arms around you. It must be comforting to have a Christian doctor.
    I am not a candidate for back surgery with the nerve damage and other problems.
    I consider our health care system to be execellent. I have almost died 2x in the past 2 years. The first time I met my current rheumatologist. She is the best in my city and she refers me to only the best. Our system certainly has its flaws and I almost cry when I hear about your system and how you are treated. Sometimes I think dogs are treated better. Anyways that is a discussion for another day. I was looking for a teddy bear icon but can't find one. So I am sending you a cyber one. So know that we are all surrounding you with prayer tomorrow. Can you picture us in the O.R. standing around the room holding hands praying for you? Will keep posting but you don't have to answer ok? I'm sure you will be touch with Nancy IL and she will let me know how you are doing. Also sending cyber food, and all the help you need. What is your favorite cd? Blessings.
    Cath
    Cath
  9. 143alan

143alan New Member

Thank you Caffey, Asa, Nancy and everyone for all your prayers. I have so much peace about the surgery. Please keep my son Alan in your prayers as well because he is getting nervous about everything and since the surgery is so long I dont' want him to get panicky.

Caffey I will do what you suggested and invision all of you surrounding me and lifting me up in prayer.

For some weird reason my email doesn't work right now so can't show Alan who to email but will write them down for him and Bandwoman can let everyone know. I'm certain it will be a wonderful praise report.

Thank you so much everyone for your love and prayers and support and thoughtfulness.
    Love
    Nancy