Nancy Manager

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by caffey, Jan 17, 2007.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

Hi Nancy:
    Driving to Wal Mart today and was praying for you. Hope everything is ok.
    Love ya
    Cath
  2. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I heard from Nancy and she is in terrible pain today. She called the dr and he told her to stay off of her feet and rest. The drive to see the doctor obviously aggravated the nerves more than they already were. He told her there was nothing more he could do now.

I am praying for both of you as it it seems the nerve pain is both your issues right now.

She mentioned about calling me and leaving a message about Jane and how her surgery went. If she calls I will let the board know that as well. I have decided to stay home and not go to this meeting today I had planned to go to regarding building next to my backyard.

Love ya

Nancy
  3. 143alan

143alan New Member

How are you doing? I have thought about you so much. I appreciate Bandwoman filling you in because some times I just can't sit here.

I really miss communicating with everyone and seeing what's going on with them.

I will be praying that they approve your Lyrica very soon. My mother is taking that because of pain in her feet and she said it is working wonders.

Does Neurontin not work for you? I'm trying to think of anything that may help.

Talk later, Love Ya
    Nancy
  4. caffey

caffey New Member

Sorry I haven't responded. Mega computer problems. Just got back on line today Sat. Neurontin isn't covered and it is too expensive to pay for. I hear they are having great success with it mixed with ms contin( long acting morphine). I hope it works for you.
    Cath
  5. 143alan

143alan New Member

Can they give you the generic for Neurontin, Gabapentin? My mother is now taking the Lyrica and it's really working for her but it didn't for me so I went back to the Gabapentin. Of course that's not working too well right now.

You're a nurse, let me ask you about this if you don't mind. When I had my follow up appt with the surgeon he said that because of the position I had been in for so long during the surgery and because I'm a heavier person the nerves that affect my hips and thighs were damaged and that some times but rarely this occurs. He said that generally the problem is corrected 30 days post-op. Then he said that the out-patient therapy I'm suppose to start at the Rehab center tomorrow "may" help. OK! I don't know whether to be upset or hopeful. This pain is incredible and no pain medicine phases it. It seems to be getting worse instead of better. It's more debilitating that the back problem was.

Have you heard of this, known anyone to have this happen, Know how well people recover. Any information would be grewat. He called it something-something neural palsy.

I pray you get some relief also and that you can get something that will help.
    Love and prayers
    Nancy
  6. caffey

caffey New Member

Hi there: Neither one of those drugs are covered. It is a crazy system we have hear. We are frustrated about waiting the Lyrica. The person who makes the decision is a pharamacist. HUH??? My doc sent about 20 pages of reports. Maybe he is still reading them.lol.
    I am sorry I don't know much about backs except for my own experience. I would think it is a wait and see came unfortunately. I know the pain is awful. I find that if I lie on my side and wrap the heating pad around my back on the rt and as close to my rt. hip with a pillow propped at my back or maybe if you lie on the couch with your back to it it seems to help. They also have great gizmos in physio that help but it doesn't last long. Also for me. There are certain ways that Sonja stretches me that takes the pressure off. They will probably teach you that. Take your pills reg. as ordered. Don't wait till the pain gets bad. If they are ordered take 1-2 sometimes I take 1 and then in 2 hrs. I take the extra one and it helps. Or if really bad I will take 2 and then 2 in 3.5-4 hrs. and that seems to help me get on top of it and break the cycle. Sorry I can't be more help. Oh yeah one more thing. I was told ( don't tell Sonja ok) that I am never never supposed to be barefoot. I am always to wear shoes (shh it is a secret she will kill me) it cushions your back. All the best. Keep me posted. Father please give Nancy relief from the pain and inflamation in her back now. Please take away the pain and numbness in her body. I speak healing to her now in Jesus Name.Thank you. Amen.
    Cath