Nanie46/question from jam

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by jaminhealth, Jan 29, 2013.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I believe you deal with Lyme, any other of "our" issues too?

Do you take antiobiotic therapy for the Lyme? If so, isn't the abx taken to reduce inflammation in those with Lyme, RA, etc.?

Perhaps if that's the case, then the Anatabloc didn't do anything for you as you may not be subject to inflammation...

Just thinking out loud on this supplement as I'm getting
    relief after 2 weeks and I know you said you got none. jam
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I did take antibiotics for 3 years. I am no longer taking them.

The antibiotics are taken mainly to kill the bacteria. They are not anti-inflammatory drugs, although their effect could help with that.

I have never had a swollen joint, etc even though I can feel inflamed sometimes.

My original diagnosis was fibromyalgia 25 years ago...found out it was Lyme 4 years ago.

I think it's impossible to say why the Anatabloc did not help me since there are so many factors that make each of us different.
  3. jaminhealth

since I've been on this quest and talked to so many and have gotten on blogs of those taking "A", I keep thinking about it and how it's working for me....

I know everyone is so different and how things work or
    don't work for them.
  4. deepak

deepak Member

Hey Nanie,

How is your treatment for lyme going ? Are you on ABX or herbals.

I too have had these FM symptoms but I refuse to buy FM as a syndrome on its own - I am pretty sure I have some lyme or parasite kind infection and have been experimenting with ABX on my own as here in India we can get them over the counter without an RX

Can you tell me what is helping you ?

Love,
    Deepak
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I took antibiotics for 3 years. I am no longer taking them.

I have taken some herbals too, and I have one to try that I have not started yet.

Right now I am taking some supplements and vitamins, bioidentical hormones, exercising and following a gluten free, sugar free diet (sugar cane, high fructose corn syrup). I also avoid cow dairy and soy.

The things that have helped me the most are lots of doxycycline, bioidentical hormones, exercise and diet changes. I also believe that the Diflucan (for candida) I took for a short time also helped.

I took many different antibiotics.
  6. deepak

deepak Member

Would you say you were helped a lot by ABX ?
  7. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I can say for sure that I was helped tremendously by doxycycline.

The other antibiotics may have helped reduce the overall bacterial load, but I cannot say that I noticed any dramatic improvement from any antibiotic except doxycycline.

Many other people are helped by other antibiotics though.
  8. deepak

deepak Member

Did you do minocyline too ? Its in the same tetracycline family as doxy and I have read it penetrates the CNS system much better.

9. deepak

deepak Member

My predominant symptom now is nerve tenderness/pain, especially in my feet and hands - did you have this too and anything specific which helped this ?

:)
  10. jaminhealth

of doxy, MWF, 100mg each day and at the end of the 3 months, I was losing clumps of hair....have you had hair
    loss with the long course?

Deepak, for nerve pain, panothenic acid which is B5 could
    help that. I take 500-1000mg per day of this B vit.
  11. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I only get occasional sharp stabbing pains in my feet, but nothing that really bothers me.

Have you taken alot of Alpha Lipoic Acid? My daughter says it helps alot with the trigeminal neuralgia she has from Lyme.

I took minocycline a couple times. I did not notice lessening of pain while on it like I did on doxy. The minocycline did make me feel dizzy/off balance.
  12. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

No, I never lost any hair. My hair is very thick.

Every time I get my hair cut, my hairdresser tells me I have enough hair for 2 or 3 people.
  13. jaminhealth

others on another board talked about so much hair loss...again how each one is affected....others report greying
    teeth and skin....I'm not wild about long term abx, but many
    do it and get relief.

I think I asked you the hair loss question before and your
    answer jogged my memory. jm
  14. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I don't recall people on lymenet complaining of hair loss with doxy and until you mentioned it, I never heard that before.
  15. jaminhealth

taking Anatabloc and primarily for Psorasis and one person gave some comments that I appreciate and thought I'd share
    with you....you may never "try" it again, but here is what she said...she said it's fine to share with whomever: This gives me increased hope, it can take some time...one person said I'd be doing a marathon this summer, fat chance...but that
    sounds great.....I don't want to run a marathon....

It is unrealistic to expect immediate results from Anatabloc. While some do report noticable improvement in symptoms within days or a couple of weeks I think it unreasonable to expect results right away or even in the first month or two.

Consider you are only removing chronic inflammation from your body, perhaps for the first time in a long time, that will then begin to heal. Your body still needs time to heal whatever damage inflammation has inflicted on it and that will take time for most people.

Anatabloc is not a regenerative drug. No such drug exists. Anatabloc gives you a fighting chance against your malady and with proper diet and exercise will still take time. Heck it takes healthy skin cells ~28days to form, grow, and rise to the surface so you cannot expect results overnight or even a few weeks or months. 90-120 days and you will see improvement.

-------------

oh BTW: were you aware of the clinical trials and Cheryl Reilly and her battle with Crohns and Fibro? A lot on the net about Cheryl and her gains with anatabloc.

[This Message was Edited on 01/31/2013]