Nanna And I Heard From Shirl

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know how y'all are hungry for news of her and her family. They really have their hands full. Her son and his family are living with her as they cannot get to their home. They all really need your prayers as they try to put their lives back in order.

Shirl asked that you all pray for her intensions. She knows that we are all praying for her and will continue to and she really appreciates it.

It is very difficult to get online still, so it was a miracle to me that we heard from her at all. We are all so used to instantly being able to contact our loved ones. This has been so hard, knowing that Shirl and her family have been going through such a rough time and not being able to do anything except pray. Still, prayer is so powerful and my faith and love have sustained me as I wait, hope, and pray it will all work out for her.

Thank you all so much for your concern and prayers. I'll try to keep y'all updated as I hear more news.

Love, Mikie
  2. tansy

tansy New Member

It must very stressful and hardgoing for all concerned.

love, Tansy
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank you for keeping us updated. I miss Shirl and will support her every way I can. As I know, everyone else will too!

The power of prayer is amazing!

Love,

Kim
  4. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear Mikie:

Thank you so much for letting us know about Shirl. She and her family are in my constant prayers.

God Bless.

Hugs,
    Francey
  5. sheried

sheried New Member

I am so glad that Shirl and her family are okay. I am still praying for them.

Hugs,
    Sherie
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

I am so glad to hear this news. I was beginning to be very worried about Shirl, her family and furkids. I am so happy to hear they are alright.

Michelle
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

But haven't seen Nanna posting for a while; did I miss something, don't see 'moderator' under her name either. Just wondering...

Thanks,
    Victoria
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

My love and prayers continuing!

Sue
  9. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Continued prayers going out for Shirl & Family...

Hugs
    Bluerose
  10. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Really appreciate it. Keeping her and family in my prayers. Someone asked where Nanna was, and I'm wondering the same. Haven't seen her post for a bit. Hope that you are safe as well Mikie. Take care. L, Jeannette
  11. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I know it will be a long time before Shirl is ready to resume a somewhat normal life again. I just hope that the current hurricane, Rita, won't set them back any.

I pray for all in Rita's path. Much love to you and Shirl,
    Faye
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Bumping for those who haven't seen this.

Love, Mikie
  13. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

please send her our love.

smiffy
  14. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I'm glad to hear that she is ok, and I am so sorry for what she and her family have to go through yet, to get their life, back on track.
    Now with this new one, coming through, it's just Nerve racking to say the least.
    I'll keep her in my Prayers, and hope she's able to get back on line soon.

Sharonk
  15. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

thank goodness she and her family are safe and well.

love
    Rosie
  16. Bambi

Bambi New Member

many! It is good to hear that she is
    doing ok even if it's difficult. We all have to be grateful for being alive and able to pray for her and all the people effected by these storms. I've been watching this latest storm news on CNN and it is just so sad. Thank you for letting us
    know she is hanging in there~ I hope she can "feel" all our concern and good wishes. Bambi
  17. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Thank you for sending the news of Shir. We pray for her and all of those who are suffering and will be suffering from Storm Rita.

I have watched CNN all day, in between chores, and it doesn't look good for New Orleans! Pray for them

Gentle Hugs
  18. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Sending prayers for her recovery
  19. JimB

JimB New Member

Praying for Shirl and family.
    The enemy be bound.
    Safety,Love and Peace to Shirl's household.
    Jim

20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Have been so hard for us too. I decided to just take pot luck and tell Shirl everyone misses her and we are praying for her. Lo and behold, she wrote back. Getting online is still iffy down there and they are busy with post storm activities. She will write or post when she can but right now, she has her hands full.

Shirl loves this board and all the members so much and she really appreciates that everyone is thinking about her and praying for her. She wanted us to give you her thanks.

Love, Mikie