naprapaths and accupuncture

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by finin, Feb 27, 2007.

1. finin

finin New Member

hey everyone!!! hope everyone is doing ok...I have a question...I am pretty fortunate to work for a pain management doctor ( I am a x-ray tech) he comes here once a week and I help him with his office hours ....I actually saw him as a patient today because he noticed that I was dragging myself around and asked if I was ok....I really don't advertise my condition at work because basically not many of them would know what this is or really care....so he suggested that I see his accupunturist and napropath that he has in his private office (they deal with alot of fibromyalgia patients) I guess my question is has anyone tried this route and did you have any success or relief...at this point I am willing to try anything but the thought of needles in my skin kind of freaks me out!!! Thanks in advance for your responses....noreen
  2. bewell4

bewell4 New Member

believe me, i get hives just thinking of needles... they really are not like needles, they are more like tiny hairs. very tiny. not hollow like the kind used to take blood!
    i ended up trying acupuncture for a swollen foot years ago that doc's couldn't figure out. it worked! like magic!
    acupuncture doesn't help everyone, (i've heard) but it helped me. sometimes i get a treatment and feel great afterwards, and sometimes not...so i would give it half a dozen tries to really see how you like it. also, you can ask them to be very gentle at first. mine started out really carefully cuz i guess they could see that i was freaked...it was great.
    some points hurt and some you can't feel at all. i also often get a really good "energy all over feeling" during treatment, feel really relaxed and often sleep great afterwards. i don't go much anymore, because i found that trying to do too many appts actually makes me more ill. i've got a lot on my plate right now. but, i hope you try and feel much better! i also love seeing naturopaths. hope you have a good experience, certainly worth a try imho! :)
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I see a Naturopath regularly and have found her to be very helpful. I have also been getting acupuncture for a number of years and it has been one of the things that has consistently helped my pain and fatigue. It also can be very relaxing. I think you should give them a try.

Good Luck
    Kathy
  4. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I have never heard of this kind of healer, so I googled it. It would be worth a try. Acupunctuer can work and I am a big chicken when it comes to needles. Theses needles are so fine that you really don't feel them.
  5. finin

finin New Member

thanks for all the responses I go tomorrow march 1-07 at 5:30 will write back and tell everyone how it went
  6. 139864

139864 New Member

Hi Noreen
    I am on my sixth session of acupuncture tomorrow
    and I promise you it is not the least bit painful.
    I 'm not absolutely sure that the acupuncture is working ,but the back massage after it feels absolutely wonderful
    Stay WELL
    Brenda UK
  7. California31

California31 New Member

Hair-thin "needles"...sometimes you don't even feel them...I've had alot of acupuncture...and acupressure...for a variety of reasons....and found it helpful...but not for FM...just tried a 2mos..series...hoping it would help...and the practioner is excellent.....but did not help relieve the spasms, pain....