Nasal Cannula for chemically/noise sensitive?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by donnaba, Aug 12, 2010.

1. donnaba

donnaba New Member

Hi, my MD wants me to try supplemental oxygen 2 hrs/day at home. I am very sensitive to chemicals including plastics, and also to noise. I found a non-plastic cannula from
    Everest but it says it's not good for people who are sensitive to noise. Anyone with chemical sensitivities using a nasal cannula with oxygen? Any suggestions?

Thanks, diana
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

I tired it , using it at night .. I have many MCS so it wasn't for me.. even though I used the saline nasal spray every night before applying the oxygen tube as I call it.. I seemed to keep a sinus infection and be sick.. I couldn't tell the oxygen helped so I discontinued it..

My oxygen level drops at night is why the doc wanted me to use it.. I had the sleep study and all they could find was a bad case of I didn't know that..

Sorry, no suggestions maybe try it and see how it does..

Good luck,

3. Wireless

Wireless New Member

Sorry if this is a stupid idea but... what about ear plugs, or even better IMO would be ear buds where it's playing pleasant music or nature sounds or white noise that you can deal with. Or the noise cancelling type seems best. If you buy noise cancelling ones, read the reviews because some aren't as good and you may want to get the big over the ear headset type so it's extra quiet.
  4. donnaba

donnaba New Member

thanks for your replies. Wireless, definately not stupid ideas, it is probably what i will have to do, so thanks again for your input.

take care, d