Nasal irragation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GigglePoet, Feb 5, 2008.

1. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

I am wanting to start nasal irrigation as I am constantly having draniage. Dose anyone do it and what kind of system do you use. Cant decide on weither to get neti pot or some type of squishy thing like Nasalprine.

Thank for your imput

~ Gigglepoet
  2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I haven't tried nasal irrigation but have seen it on TV and read about it. I personally think the neti pot would be more effective.

I would be interested to hear what you decide and how it works for you.

I understand that it help clean out all sorts of bugs and germs from your system and improves your health.

3. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I use my Netti Pot every day and it has helped so much with the chronic sinusitis that I have. At first it feels really weird and I only use half of a packet for both nostrils and the relief is unbelievable.
  4. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I love my Netti Pot. It works wonders.
  5. I keep thinking of getting a netti pot but ugh isn't it gagging you to do it, or feel like your drowning?
  6. LenoreR

LenoreR New Member

Hi Giggle,

I use something called "SINUS RINSE" made by NeilMed (recommended by my ENT). You can get it from your pharmacist. The cost of the kit is about $15.00. It's not an Rx, but the pharmacies keep it behind the counter.

I've had much success with it, and since I didn't see it mentioned here, I thought I would add it to give you a choice! :)

Good luck,
  7. how often do you do this?
  8. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

No, the Netti Pot isn't gaggy lol It takes just a couple of minutes to irrigate the nasal passage. You just breath through your mouth. It doen't even run down your throat, if you do it right.

I looked at that SINUS RINSE, and it comes with a pot as well (at least the one I checked on the net) and works much like the Netti Pot.

I have used the Saline Solution, that you spray into your nose and it goes into the throat - Now that IS gaggy!

This Netti Pot is one of the best things I have bought for sinuses. I had to look for alternatives to sinus meds, as they affect the heart and I can't take them.

Give it a try. I think you can get them on the NET for about $15.00. I bought mine in a healthfood store.
  9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Nasal irrigation is wonderful. I've been doing it for over a year and it makes a tremendous difference in my sinuses, ears and in allergic reactions.

I use free plastic syringes from the pharmacy - and warm salt water, of course. I couldn't do the neti pot procedure because, like some others who have posted, the water didn't go from one side to the other.

Then I remembered that I have a deviated septum on one side!

I tip my head back and let the solution "sit" in my sinuses, then bend over the sink and let it drain out. (Some people have the water run down their throat but this rarely happens to me. I've learned to hold it in my sinuses by putting pressure on the roof of my mouth with my tongue.

I do it several time in both nostrils, then blow my nose gently a few times.

There is a demonstration of how to use a neti pot on the Net if you do a neti pot search but the plastic syringe works fine. I sterilize it now and then but haven't had a problem with it at all and they're FREE!

Good luck and good health!

10. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

HI agin,
    First time with neti pot...great success!! I like it. think this is going to help me!
    Thanks guy's!

~ Gigglepoet