NASCAR fans - due to BBQ missed the race

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovinlifeinAK, Aug 9, 2005.

1. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

Who won?? Anything exciting happen? I did see that Jr. was 43 of 44!!! argggh
  2. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

Tony Stewart won and I was there. It was the best race I have seen with Kahne and Stewart battling it out for the last 30 laps or so.
  3. swred5

swred5 New Member

I was really cheering for Kasey K., but was just as happy to see Tony win. He really did look like he was just beyond happy to have won. I thought it was great that he had promised Zippy $50,000.00 if he won! Why can't my boss do that for me! lol.
    Amiee
  4. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

Was not aware that he offered his boss 50,000 if he won. How great. Yes it would be awesome if our bosses would do that!!!!!!!!
  5. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

We go to the Vegas race every year. In fact that is where i am at in my pic in my profile.

My dad is NASCAR watcher - every weekend the race was on. Except during the summer when he was racing stock cars.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/09/2005]
  6. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

It was a great race! I'm a Jr. fan, so it was a bit of a bummer there, but Kasey Kahne did so well--it was great.

Blondie--I am SO SO jealous!!

Nicole
  7. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

He raced mini stock cars (he like the toyota corolla's). I remember helping him dismantle the cars. Build a roll cage (actually on his last car), going to the "unveiling" of the paint job his buddy did for him.

Loved to hand him tools when making sure everything was just so. He did this from in the 70's till the late 80's. But he quit because guys were putting none stock engines in their cars. My dad hates cheaters - even though he was a better driver and won anyway.

I took my kids to the little dirt track we have down here and they LOVED it. I thought that the sprint cars might scare them....but they enjoyed every minute of it. I miss going to Capital Speedway every weekend during the summer months. But oh well - at least I have the great memories from it!!