Nasty taste!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by roberta, Dec 5, 2002.

1. roberta

roberta New Member

Was hoping someone could give me explanation for having bad taste in mouth. It started three weeks ago when I had sinus infection and inner ear problem. I thought it was the antibiotic the dr.put me on so I called and was swithced to another one. Didn't help. It's three weeks later and have been off antibiotic for two weeks and still have nasty taste. Tried brushing teeth several times a day and no difference. The only thing that helps is having a piece of hard candy in mouth all the time. Sometimes it is worse than at other times. Any ideas?
  2. roberta

roberta New Member

Was hoping someone could give me explanation for having bad taste in mouth. It started three weeks ago when I had sinus infection and inner ear problem. I thought it was the antibiotic the dr.put me on so I called and was swithced to another one. Didn't help. It's three weeks later and have been off antibiotic for two weeks and still have nasty taste. Tried brushing teeth several times a day and no difference. The only thing that helps is having a piece of hard candy in mouth all the time. Sometimes it is worse than at other times. Any ideas?
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Stop sucking on hard candy as you may be setting up the very condition you are trying to avoid. My guess is that the antibiotic upset the balance in your system. Buy some good probiotics, like the ones sold here which contain FOS and start taking them. Refrigerate them after opening.

Stop eating sugar in all its forms and avoid white potatoes, white rice, and white flour. If this doesn't work, think about an anti-fungal cleanse or supplements. I am not familiar with them as I cannot use botanicals, but our members are.

Love, Mikie
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

can be caused by sinus drainage, as well. Just something to think about...

Beth.
  5. selma

selma New Member

Do you have acid reflux? You can smell food that you've eaten. There is something Dr. can give you.

Love, Selma
  6. roberta

roberta New Member

Thanks for input on nasty taste. I think it could be too much yeast in my system.My allergies are getting much worse so I will try the probiotics and see if that helps.