National Jewish in Denver

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pwalter, May 29, 2006.

1. pwalter

pwalter New Member

Just curious how many people here have been to or heard of this health care center. I live in Denver and just had my first appointment last week. They seem like a very caring place. I just hope that they can get to the bottom of what is causing me my problems.
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

I have received their Newletter/Brochure for YEARS. Don't know how I ever got on their list, but I have always enjoyed it and suggested this place to someone here recently. Hmmmmmmm,,,,too bad our Prickles is out of the country, perhaps they could help her. Let us know how you make out with them.
  3. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I went there for CFIDS in 1999. They ran a bunch of tests and Dr. Jones admitted something was wrong, but never could come up with any ideas as to how to help me with CFIDS other than increasing my thyroid meds. He sent me to a sleep clinic. They found that I had anxiety induced sleep apnea and wanted to give me valum for it. I don't take drugs unless it's an emergency and they knew that. I like to do things holistically. Yet their answer was to take some valum. I never went back. Maybe things have changed since 1999 and perhaps if you're not paying out of pocket you should give them a try.

I've have heard that they are great at helping people with asthma and allergies, but I don't think they use a holistic approach. I hope you find some relief somewhere!

Skierchik
  4. Juloo

Juloo Member

...but that was back in 1969/70! He had tuberculosis and had been at the (Louisiana) state TB asylum outside of Baton Rouge for several months, but apparently it didn't help. They sent him to National Jewish to have a lobe of one of his lungs removed as it was a particularly resistant strain. He was there for quite a long while before he came home, but it did the trick.

I know that doesn't tell you much about their care, but your mention of NJ brought back some serious childhood memories. I remember getting postcards from him -- one of the building where he stayed with the room window circled. I still have the picture he sent of his scar!