National Talk Like A Pirate Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Sep 18, 2007.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Avast! (That means stop when you're asea.)

Sept. 19 is National what it says above Day. You can read all about it on Wikipedia or you can read Dave Barry's column.

So when you answer your phone, don't say "Hello". Say "Ahoy! in your jolliest tone.

ARRRRGH you ready?

Shiver me timbers!

(Long John) Rock[This Message was Edited on 09/19/2007]
  2. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Rock, Thanks for info. Just my thing!

Oh, The Cayman Islands celebrate their founding fathers and Independence day I think on Oct 31.

The Founders of the Nation were all pirates, of course, so they celebrate with a parade and dressing like pirates.

My kind of country!:) No hypocracy! No Army. Their only enemies are the IRS. Mr Bill

[This Message was Edited on 09/19/2007]
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

but love programmes about pirates, Black Beard especially - now there was a cut-throat.

4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

And more ARRRRRGH!
  5. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Does this mean I can eat at Long John Silvers and eat Chips Ahoy cookies guilt free today? Nice thought anyway. ;-)

P.S. I wonder who comes up with these goofy holidays? At any rate, mate, they're pretty fun, and I think they should be encouraged to be celebrated more widely. I think our country can use more humor.

Your friend,

Piratemate Erika
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you have reach pirate wench, jodie, sorry but she is busy on a mission to find some pirate booty, to help pay her captain for homage. Yo ho ho and a bottle rum!

[This Message was Edited on 09/19/2007]
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I see you're all getting into the spirit of the thing. Thanks for the info on the Caymans, Mr. Bill. Few years ago my brother took his sons there for scuba diving.

Checked out the link, Molly. Good story.

Yes, Erika, Chips Ahoy would be apropos. Suspect Sisland's cookies are tastier tho. Is Long John Silver's a seafood place?

Here is some pirate humor from the net.

A pirate's favorite socks: ARRGHGyle

Favorite food: ARRGHtichokes

Pet peeve of mine. These are listed as "one liners". And many other sites do the same. Isn't it obvious that a one liner has only one line? To wit, Rodney Dangerfield's "We childproofed the house, but they got in anyway."

Oh well, some things are just ARRGHard to understand.

8. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

A curse on dem islanders: The Cayman Official History has been changed, now the Story is that Pirates Week is in honor of the old days when the Pirates invaded the poor innocent islanders.

No pride in their real heritage anymore. A curse on them, not proud anymore of their true ancestors. Ashamed of being Pirates! True story probably scared away the lilly livered tourists.

Anyway, Pirates week is the last week of October(in the middle of hurricane season).
    Aaargh, yer Mister Billy
  9. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

ARGHH!! I missed it again!

10. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Indeed, Long John Silvers is a seafood place. It's fast food, so the seafood isn't really high quality. I used to go there as a little kiddo. I'm thinking of going on a seafood diet though. As in when I "sea-food", I eat it!

All the best,