NATIONWIDE CLINICAL TRIAL FOR FIBROMYALGIA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JGlass, Jan 25, 2006.

1. JGlass

JGlass New Member

Hey everyone, I thought this might be a good opportunity for anyone who isn't currently enrolled in a clinical trial, I think this link will work:

http://www.clinicalconnection.com/patient_view_study.aspx?studyid=521
    [This Message was Edited on 01/25/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/25/2006]
  2. JGlass

JGlass New Member

I think it's good to take an experimental drug when there are no other drugs available. And without clinical trials we would never have any new medications.

Just a thought...
  3. acheallover

acheallover New Member

IN ORDER FOR THE ADA TO APPROVE, THERE HAS TO BE CLINICAL TRIALS. I AM THANKFUL FOR THOSE WHO HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THESE TRIALS. GOOD EVENING, REST WELL!!
  4. Casamadre5

Casamadre5 Member

I am thankful for all those who volunteer to test ANY new treatment that could bring relief to those who suffer....
  5. JGlass

JGlass New Member

6. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Once, I had thought about going into a trial that involved Lyrica (some time back) but would have to have gone off pain meds and antidepressents and my Neurontin. After corresponding with the people doing the trial nearby, we all decided that I wouldn't be a candidate.

I did look up the trial the site had and went to the closest area to me to check it out. I didn't locate the name of the drug. It could be a common drug for other diseases that has to be in trial before being approved for Fibromyalgia pain use (this is like Lyrica had been). I don't know.

The requirement for participation included:

"Qualified participants must:

• Be diagnosed with fibromyalgia (diagnosis may occur at the 1st visit)
    •Be willing to complete 7-8 visits over a 14 week period
    •Be willing to discontinue temporarily certain antidepressants, pain medications, and/or sleep aids
    •Not be on disability for fibromyalgia or other pain related injury

What, if any, compensation or incentives are being offered to study participants?
    $50 per completed office visit

Sounds interesting, but again, I wouldn't qualify as I can't go off the Cymbalta, Neurontin, or pain meds. I, too appreciate those who enter trials on behalf of people with FMS / CFS, and would encourage those who could do it to check it out.

The compensation might pay for the gas, and free meds!
  7. JGlass

JGlass New Member

I just saw that they added some locations, in Kentucky and in Sacramento, worth checking out.