Nationwide outage on cytomel??? Anyone else heard that??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Aug 13, 2003.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

My pharmacy cannot get it, it is Rite Aid I use, they are huge here in the NW and I only got enough the other day for a few days and they ran out on my rx, cannot get it, his supplier said to him that it was the manufacturer that is not producing it. Have you ever heard of such a thing? What are we supposed to do? I understand that a person is not ever to do w/o thyroid med once they are on it, what is a person to do??

I called Madwolf's office this afternoon & told the receptionist the news & asked (my pharmie told me too) if they had any samples of it to get me by, no answer yet.

Help, what do I do now??

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

You might want to investigate a little, you will probably have everyone that is on it in a panic soon, what could be causing this, I never heard of such a thing.

ps, I am on day 2 of the Transfer Factor-C and I am not well yet, whassup with that???

Jaci
  3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I'll be darned. I will call around the area here today & ask the other pharmacists. The way it was put to me was that : This just happened, like a few days ago it started. The entire nation will feel it. It is sudden, no end in sight and no reason why, all starts at the manufacturer, no one will get it. Ther was no advance warning either.

I will post what I learn by calling around, I am in Wash state.

Jaci
  4. shazz

shazz New Member

I hadn't taken any yet, they said the manufacturer quit making it, and didn't know if they would start up again or not. They were going to call my doc and ask if I could use something else. But the did call me a few days later and had the cytomel in, don't know where they got it though. The only reason I can come up with is when I look it up on the net body builders want it to take along with their anabolic steroids for some reason.
    I don't know how much they got and hopefully next month when I go to refill it there won't be the same problem.
    Weird huh?
    I was almost afraid to start it, for fear of what will happen when/if they run out, but I did.
  5. FranWi

FranWi New Member

get switched to Armour Thyroid? I can't believe they'd stop making cytomel. I know the docs were debating for so long about using cytomel as T3 support with synthroid. Keep us up to date if you hear any more on this! Thanks.