Natto - thyroid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deepak, Feb 2, 2012.

1. deepak

deepak Member

I was wondering if its ok to have nattokinase if someone is borderline hypothyroid ( 5.8). I have started giving this to my mom too just as a preventive for heart health and she has this borderline hypothyroid - Since natto is made from soy and soy is contraindicated for thyroid conditions

With love :)

Deepak

2. deepak

deepak Member

Those were moms thryoid numbers. The Free t3 and Free t4 were fine and within the range so one doctor in fact said she does not need any medicine but another said she does so she takes Synthroid 0.25 but I think the dose needs to be increased so am going to take an appt with her doc.

What is grapeseed extract used for ? What brand do you take ?

Not sure about the dessicated meds - will ask the doc when I see him.

Love,
    Deepak
  3. deepak

deepak Member

Dear Jam,

Do docs there prescribe Armour or you get it yourself ? Is the dose equal to what one takes on Synthroid ?

Love,
    Deepak
  4. deepak

deepak Member

Thanks Jam :)

Am seeing her doc with her next week - will bring up armour and erfa but I doubt will get much success with these regular docs with these kind of things !!

There is one yoga pranayam ( breathing technique) that is beneficial for thyroid issues - if you like I can give you a link for it :)

Love,
    Deepak
  5. deepak

deepak Member

If you dont mind can you tell me how much your TSH was before medicine and how much is it now ?

Love,
    Deepak