Nattokinase - any precautions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deepak, Jan 3, 2012.

1. deepak

deepak Member

I am planning to start Nattokinase soon. I have ordered 2000 FU strength. Any advise on how much to take and if any side reactions to it I should watch for ?

Love,
    Deepak
  2. deepak

deepak Member

One more thing I want to ask.

I have not tested for any viruses. If i start taking the nattokinase without testing for that, can it make things worse? I just intuitively feel my blood is thicker and that thinning it would make me feel better. But can I start the Natto without taking AV's if i need to ?

Love,
    Deepak
  3. place

place New Member

But it has soy in it and I found out that I am allergic to Soy because the US puts it in everything.

I have been able to try Lovenox, a blood thinner. I really loved it. It really helped. I was using it for fertility treatment but these are the things that got better:

Fibro fog lifted, I was able to talk and give lectures with clearity.

Some increase in energy.

I'm not sure about the pain because it was in the summer and I typically don't have pain issues (unless I don't take my noritriptyline)

It did NOT take care of my sinus issues or anything.

I had the full battery of testing. But even then it was trial and error on what worked on the symptoms.
  4. deepak

deepak Member

Anyone know if its ok to take nattokinase before taking any Antibiotics or antivirals ?

Love,
    Deepak
  5. deepak

deepak Member

Thanks place.

Can you tell me if you tested positive for any virii and did you have the lovenox before you took any antivirals /antibio or after ?

Love,
    Deepak
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The biggest danger, besides becoming a bleeder, is to have a toxic-shock-like reaction from either ABX or AV's killing off more pathogens than your system can handle, or from your own immune system's killing off the pathogens which emerge into the bloodstream when the fibrin dissolves. It is always wise to only try one new thing at a time. ABX and AV's can be tried empirically. If you have a Herx-like reaction, it means pathogens are dying off. What you don't want is too harsh of a Herx. Typically, one feels better after Herxing when the body has cleared the toxic, dead pathogens. So, if you want to try ABX or AV's, don't start them when you start the Natto. Do one thing at a time or you can overwhelm your system. Also, if you try more than one thing, you will not know which is helping. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  7. deepak

deepak Member

Thanks always mikie for your kindness :).

I will start the Nattokinase slowly and see how it goes.

ABX and AV's I will try later as I am going to meet a doctor here and ask him to give me the names of the tests I should do for EBV , CMV etc. ( called up the labs here and they dont know what HHV6 is ! :( )

Love,
    Deepak
  8. deepak

deepak Member

I am excited. My nattokinase bottle 2000 FU which I ordered from Usa has arrived.

Any guidance on how much should I start with and whats a good dose daily ?

Love,
    Deepak
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The recommendations on the label but start out with only half the dose recommended until I know how it's going to affect me. The Natto sold here recommends 2 capsules which is 200 mgs. (4,000 FU). If it were me, I take one capsule for a couple of days before going to the full dose. Natto doesn't usually have any adverse side effects but it's just my rule of thumb to proceed slowly. It is also good to be aware of any other meds or supps which can thin the blood. If one has to take one of those, it would be wise to go slowly with the Natto.

Again, good luck to you and please, let us know how you are doing.

Love, Mikie
  10. deepak

deepak Member

I have started taking the nattokinase since around 4-5 days. 4000 FU a day now , and first two days started with 2000 FU.

Today I am feeling a bit feverish kind and it seems some of my earlier symptoms which had mellowed down are rearing up their head again. Could this be herx ?? I am just taking the natto, no ABX or no AV yet.

With love,
    Deepak
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As you Herx more often, you will learn to recognize the signs. Our immune systems will use fever to help kill off pathogens. I always have a headache, feel hot, have profuse sweating with a bad odor and, eventually, have diarrhea when the body purges the dead pathogens. Then, I feel better. And yes, old symptoms can worsen temporarily. It gets worse before it gets better but that usually means healing in the long run.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie

12. deepak

deepak Member

Do you have any experience with lumbrokinase too ? Read some articles online saying lumbrokinase is more effective than natto.

Love,
    Deepak
  13. deepak

deepak Member

Dear Mikie,

Like I said I have started taking the natto since about 6 days. When do you think I should start taking the TF? I have not yet orderered it and it will take 2 weeks from the day I order it to reach me. I was just thinking if the natto is getting the pathogens out of their hiding place I should start the TF soon so as to attack them ! :) I am leaning towards the TF Plasymc which seems to cover everything. One thing I wanted to ask is - I have not tested for any of the pathogens - here they dont also know what a HHV6 test is. So, in case I dont have any of those pathogens at all and take the TF , would that be not so good or it would not be a problem as it would raise my immunity anyways ?

Much love,
    Deepak
    [This Message was Edited on 01/15/2012]