Nattokinase - any studies ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deepak, Feb 13, 2012.

1. deepak

deepak Member

Was wondering if anyone has any information on studies done on nattokinase as a blood thinner ? Was reading Dr Weil's site where he seems to dismiss all these enzymes as useless.

I have been taking natto and I do feel a difference in circulation with it. It has reduced my dizziness and headaches which I think may have been due to thicker blood.

Also, does anyone here have any experience with serrapeptase. The claims of it removing artery plaque sounds so good but does it really ?

Love,
    Deepak
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is always a wealth of information in our Library here and on the web. You may find confliciting info and will have to decide which makes sense to you. I did run across a study on the Natto which showed it worked better than Heparin. I don't remember anything else about the article nor when it was done.

I have no respect for Dr. Weil. On one television show, he said treating immune and autoimmune illnesses were so much "fun" for him because the cure is to "fall in love." That's what he tells his patients. Yikes!

Love, Mikie
  3. deepak

deepak Member

wow thats insensitive for him to say so !

Mikie, you never used serrapeptase ??

Love,
    Deepak
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I used Heparin injections and switched to the Natto when Heparin was no longer available. I had excellent results with the Natto and prefer it to Heparin.

Love, Mikie
  5. deepak

deepak Member

Yes I also am having good results with natto - the sludgish kind of feel I used to get in my head and the diziness is much lesser......I am guessing due to natto thinning the blood.

Love,
    deepak
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so glad to hear of your improvement. When our blood is thick, we don't get proper circulation and it can affect us. Everything I have done has helped a little. Together, they worked synergystically to help me heal.

Love, Mikie
  7. inprog

inprog Member

First of all when I did a search for the second one above as it is spelled on my formula it appears to be a variation in spelling for some reason so both are correct but will lead you to different results when you search. When I went to check if there were any side effects, I googled exactly: Serrata Peptidase side effects). spelled like that....This then will take you to problems people are having with this ingredient but not everyone has the problem. A person named, Ray, his site had a lot of information and is at the top of the list.

I was able to find a good deal on it on the way I spelled it. I was taking a product formulated by my doctor with Nattokinase and it had this in it. It was helpful to read some of the problems some people were having. I will talk with my doctor to see if it is the same but I can tell you, when I stopped this product, (as Serrata Peptidase) no more blood pressure problems and joint problems and I did notice the vascular changes like small vessels appearing on the skin of my legs in excess but I should not get any more. Also more flushing for my face when I was on it. I have been on this twice a day for about 6 months and it was disasterous for me. Evidentally some do great on it. Not so much once a day use but did elevate my BP and effect my joints. Personally, for me, if it was the same product, my BP was so high I could have had serious problems. Now it is 100/72 like it used to be since I stopped. My joints thank me especially in my hands.

[This Message was Edited on 02/17/2012]
  8. deepak

deepak Member

Dear Inprog,

Yes they are the same - I checked.

What other stuff did the product you were having have ?? Just natto and serra or other stuff too.

I have read extensively online about both of them and not found any reference to either raising BP - on the contrary some articles say it may reduce BP.
    Though, I have read some reviews saying serra made pain worse but the vast majority of reviews seem to love it.

Love,
    Deepak
  9. inprog

inprog Member

I modified my post above so check it for the exact google. It should take you there. A number of people had blood pressure problems like me. I am grateful to have found out. Note that not everyone has problems so we are in the rarity. You have to do the google with the spelling I used for it to work.
    I could not find side effects to the other ingredients: natto, lumbkinase, (I did not check bromelain,).alpha chromotrypsin. My product combination is not available on line.

I guess if you are interested in the ingredient, maybe prohealth sells it. Maybe check. They have a good return policy. I shall have to take the lumbokinase and natto separately. For now, just the heparin. Can't beleive how long I battled the side effects. Horrible.
    Best,
    inprog