NATTOKINASE as a Potent Natural Anticoagulant...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Plantscaper, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

From what I have read Nattokinase is a potent fibrinolytic enzyme derived from a process of adding Bacillus natto, a beneficial bacteria, to boiled soybeans..The properties of nattokinase closely resemble plasmin, which is the body's main enzyme for breaking down and dissolving thrombus..

Has anyone used this and know if it is effective? It may be an alternative to heparin....
  2. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

3. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hi! I tried the Nattokinase a few months ago and it did nothing. I was disappointed as I read some wonderful articles on the web about it being comparable to heparin so I thought I'd try a bottle. I bought the bottle by mail order and tried it for a month and no difference. If something helps me, I can feel it almost immediately.

Love, Jasmine
  4. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I was really sensitive to knowing about the OLive Leaf Extract, but have not been as sensitive to the Colostrum and Whey Protein...What if it takes much longer to know?

I would think that something like that takes a long time to build up in the blood vessels and make take a long time to resolve, especially, with a slower acting supplement vs. a strong drug....I would prefer to go with the Nattokinase, if it works..wish there was a good objective source for that?!

However, thanks for sharing your experience..Did you then go to the Heparin? and did you have the PTT test?

TO GOOD HEALTH EVENTUALLY,
    AMELIA

5. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

6. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Can you give me any reviews on Nattokinase??...Want to try it rather than Heparin, for which it is suppose to be an alternative...or do you know what would be a reputable source to get that information????

HAVE A GREAT DAY,
    ~~Amelia~~

7. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I will not be trying the heparin and I haven't taken the PTT Test. I prefer to stick with naturopathic supplements and I won't take any prescription meds not even aspirin.

It's true that nattokinase may take longer than a month to work but my body reacts to supplements that work for me very quickly. So if nattokinase had worked, I would have felt at least a little better after one month of taking it and then I would have been happy to buy another expensive bottle of it.

Normally I will spend my precious money on one bottle of a new supplment and if it doesn't show some improvement in a month or however long that bottle lasts, I will not waste money on another bottle.

I read some good information on the nattokinase on the allergy research group site.

Love, Jasmine
  8. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I have found that Heparin is not the safest drug in the world, and was hoping to find more a good alternative..However, it looks like noone else seems to know or care about it...

It is difficult to tell whether many other supplements I have tried are making a difference, yet Mikie says to have faith in them in the long term..So, I still think it would take much longer than a month to know whether it is effective..as fibrin builds up over a long period of time and it probably takes a great deal of time to get rid of it..

Unlike, OLE, which I responded to immediately, I still think this would not work that fast...I guess we can agree to disagree..Have you tried the OLE?! IT IS REMARKABLE!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY,
    ~~Amelia~~

9. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I tried the Solgar Olive Leaf Extract a few years ago for two months. It also did nothing for me but I did have severe vertigo the whole time I was on it. I have a severe case of chronic fatigue syndrome according to my doctor so it is very difficult to treat.

Love, Jasmine
  10. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Maybe it does not work for you, as we are all different, but I think it would be worth it to try a different brand..

I did not have a very good experience with my first bottle of OLE, in fact, I thought my head was about ready to explode, given the extra ingredients that I was probably allergic to..but I decided I needed to know if it would help..

So, I explored other brands and found this to be the most successful treatment for CFS, I have ever tried...and oh, have I tried to find success..spending too much, and relying on docs, whom most of the time know so much less than I on these DDs..

I guess it is extremely important to be open to any treatment, which may have potential for success...as we are all different and like you, I look for the alternative treatments, that have the least downside in the longterm...
    but, I am not going to give up on something if there is any potential for a good outcome...

But, IMHO, I don't think that the Coral Calcium has been very effective, so I guess we all have our differences..

HAVE A GOOD DAY,
    ~~Amelia~~
    [This Message was Edited on 04/23/2003]