Nattokinase Seems To Be Working

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I posted that I had started taking Nattokinase after I could not get Heparin and the Lovenox injections were too expensive. My research showed that the Natto may actually be a more effective, and safer, alternative. I do think it takes a bit longer to get going but it now seems to be working. I have Herxed, or had a Herx-like reaction, twice now. This probably means that the fibrin is dissolving and the pathogens are being exposed to the immune system, and the ABX and AV, in the bloodstream. This is exactly what happened when I did the Heparin injections a few years ago.

Also, the numb spot on my leg is gone and my feet and hands are tingling a bit as they "come alive" again. I have had minimal stomach discomfort from the Natto as compared to the Bromelain which tore my stomach up. I got my Natto here at the store. It contains vitamin E as well as the Natto.

I'll update y'all as I go along.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For anyone interested in the whole fibrin/infection connection.

Love, Mikie
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

it worked well for me too.

tc, Tansy
  4. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I found Bromelain hard on the stomach too.

I might look into the natto - glad it's helping you.

Love Bunchy c
  5. grace54

grace54 New Member

Hope life is good to you lately. I was just asking Tansy if she heard of a product called Arthro-Zyme which is supposed to be a popular enzyme in other countries. According to the brochure this fibrin fighter relieves pain as well. This particular enzyme is Serratiopeptidase. I guess in some cases the fibrin hardens and causes inflamation. So maybe one can get many benefits from these enzymes. I might have to try it for my fibro. Blessings
  6. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Grace

Enzymes can be useful for treating pain and inflammation too. I presume the enzyme you mentioned is the same as, or similar to, serrapeptase. I used serrapeptase along with natto as this combo worked well for ISAC (sticky blood) pain and inflammation; and as I mentioned on another topic it can break down scar tissue so that's why I started serrapeptase again post operatively.

tc, Tansy
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That is very interesting about the enzymes. I think the infection/inflammation/fibrin problem is more serious than most even know about. It's certainly been an important part of my overall regimen to get rid of the fibrin.

I wish Sujay were still around.

Love, Mikie