Natural antibiotics

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by krissy888, Dec 5, 2006.

1. krissy888

krissy888 New Member

Can anyone tell me what kind of natural antibiotics such as herbal are just as effective as prescription ones?

I know garlic is but I don't know how effective the pill form is. I cannot eat raw garlic every day.

Any ideas or success stories with these.
  2. lavender14

lavender14 New Member

can't type long. but try sauteing (?) the garlic in olive oil. Don't let it get browned.

jennie
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

I've used tons of antibiotics in my life and now have lots of these natural ones. I really don't know how strong they are compared to the ones that are prescribed and act as poisons. Since nobody's doing any testing, the only way is for someone to know what they have by getting testsed, take the garlic (or whatever), and then get tested again to see if it worked.

I know that earlier this year I had a urinary tract infection and the antibiotics didn't work. So I tried apple cider vinegar, a good one from the health food store with "mother" in it, not Heinz. And it worked. I discovered it has alot of other benefits and I'm actully drinking some right now. About 2 tablespoons in a glass of water with 1 teaspoon of honey if you don't like the taste, sipped slowly over the whole morning, not guzzled.

I also used a zapper to get rid of parasites, which I believe worked but I had no tests done afterwards, and I take grapefruit seed extract, not to be confused with grapeseed extract, which is wonderful, too. Olive leaf I ran out of but use it, too. I've also used goldenseal and colloidal silver.

But I've used these more as preventatives rather than wait until I have an infection and see if they work. I rotate them around. When I got the UTI, I had stopped everything for a couple of months because I was having some liver issues. I had taken the antibiotic because I wanted something that would work fast and I didn't want to put any more pills in my liver than I had to. I should have just kept taking my other stuff, in hindsight.

I take MSM for yeast and other things, it's methylsulfonylmethane, very important for body function but also a potent detoxifier, use caution.

Antibiotics tend to make my food allergies worse because of the damage to the intestinal flora they cause. What is the nature of your infection or do you want them for preventative measures?

karen

4. cct

cct Member

Krissy,

There is a book that discusses natural alternatives for treating bacterial infections. it is a small book and pretty easy to read.

The title is "Herbal Antibiotics" and the author is Stephen Buhner.