Natural Appetite Suppresant

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msSusan, Aug 5, 2008.

1. msSusan

msSusan Member

Pain, Med's and Boredom from not working are causing severe "munchies". I am not overweight but am having a hard time mentally/phyically(sp?) dealing with many food intolerences. Eating takes my mind of my 24/7 headaches.

Quantity not quality of food is my problem.

Does anyone know of any appetite suppresants?

thanks for Hoodia and cinnamon suggestions!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/08/2008]
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

good quality food but eat too much.

I believe the only thing I can do is sew my mouth shut, sorry for being flippant but I really don't have an answer, wish I did.

3. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

I just had the lap band surgery because I got sick and tired of fighting the extreme hunger that came with dieting, no matter WHAT program I tried. I will say that before the surgery, I had to go on a 2 week pre-op diet that was high protein/low carbs - essentially an Atkins type diet. I was pretty much hungry most of the time BUT I felt great after only a few days! I know it has to have been because I cut out all that crap.

Cutting out carbs or going really low is very hard, but you might find that it helps if you want to try it. Most of the over the counter appetite suppressants doesn't work. I have read a lot of really good things about Hoodia, which is all natural. It didn't work for me, but it worked for a lot of other people, so you might want to look into that. The key with Hoodia is you need to buy 100% South African Hoodia that is certified. The box will have a certificate in it. I would research it first.

You can still get ephedra on the internet if anyone is interested. I went to Quick Weight Loss Centers in Houston a few years back and they had a great ephedra mix that really did help curb my appetite. I considered buying ephedra online but since I had developed HBP and the FM, I decided that would be sheer stupidty to take the chance.

You can also try Alli, which blocks fat absorption. It isn't a magic bullet, but if you follow their recommendations, it might help take off a few pounds.

4. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

I don't post much but this really caught my eye, since I've gained the 32 lbs we average with Fibro. I might have read about cinnamon here - e mail message - but I did more research and it is amazing! I was not able to lose weight in 15 years no matter what I did.

You can take cinnamon as the spice, shake it on everything, but make sure it's organic or like I do I bought the supplements and take 2 after I eat. What it does is balance your sugar level out and cut your appetite with stimulants. I can actually go 4-5 hours before eating and I don't eat as much. I've lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks.

Good luck

5. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

Can you get cinnamon supplements anywhere? I'd like to try that!
  6. optimiss

optimiss New Member

I use Hoodia Gordonii and it works fantastic for me. No stimulants, natural plant extract, no interaction with my meds. I take 3 caps 2x a day (the dose on the bottle) and I don't struggle with the munchies at all! 10-15 min. after I take it my hunger is gone. I do eat though and I easily make healthier choices than I would otherwise. It might work for you too!
  7. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

You can get cinnamon at any health food store and I've seen it at Walmart, too. One thing I like with cinnamon that the other natural appetite supplements don't do is help control the sugar levels and will lower cholesterol, since we are prone to having problems with both.
    great stuff!
  8. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

Think I'll give that a shot! I've gained 80 lbs in 6 years from meds. Unfortunately they increase appetite - I can eat 4 slices of pizza (I don't, but I could) and less than an hour later I'm absolutely starving again!
  9. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

I forgot to add that it is suppose to help eliminate yeast overgrowth. I know I had really strong cravings for about 2 days and then itchy ears.

Jamminhealth, I have been on a strict detox diet for 3 weeks now and stopped eating red meat, wheat and all dairy. I'm sure, along with the cinnamon, that is why I've finally started losing after all these years. It never worked before. - the detox diet.
  10. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I've been thinking of giving up red meat recently too - I like i but dont like eating cows and sheep.

I didnt know that cinammon helped with sugar levels, I must start using it.

11. maryl

maryl New Member

I asked my Dr. to let me take Phentermine. I've lost 14 lbs
    in 5 weeks on this. It takes away the hunger and helps
    you feel a little more motivated to do things. Hope this
  12. maryl

maryl New Member

Just curious how you were able to root out all the fake
    hoodia pills out there to find the one that works. I know they have to have a certificate,but I think those can be duplicated. And considering how difficult it is to grow,
    I'm just a little skeptical about most of them. But good
    for you. I'm glad it worked. Wish I could find it too.
  13. maryl

maryl New Member

Thanx for your concern. It's just the first part of the
    phen-phen. They don't sell the second phen anymore because
    of pulmonary hypertension problems.
  14. ironspine

ironspine New Member

I've had fibro for 10 years, and though I havent't gained much weight I can't lose it either. What's Phentermine? Never heard of it! I have a husband and 2 kids, we farm, so you can guess what our diet is like. Our fun time is to go out to eat every weekend. I am a small boned person but I need to lose about 10-15 lbs. and I know I'd feel better. I've tried E-diets to cut calories; Susanne Somers "Somercize", etc. I watch my bread intake, try to eat a lot of chicken and veggies, but I have a horrible sweet tooth, but my family likes to have desserts.
    I can't exercize like I used to because I hurt so terribly afterwards for days.
    Now, I'm heading for menopause, what next!!!!
    I'll try anything! Thanks for your ideas-it really helps!
  15. sscape

sscape New Member

Its less dangerous than the drugs and there are no accidentaly "leakages"

Lost 27 lbs in four months this way.