Natural thyroid supplment????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PaulMark, Aug 12, 2003.

1. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

what's the natural thryoid supp. you all have talked about ??? is it armour something, scirpt or health food store? please imput Paul Mark
  2. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

It's called Armour - pig thyroid, and you have to get a doctor's prescription for it. However, most people with thyroid problems are selenium-deficient, so if you add that to your diet, it might help. It took me from hypothyroid to hyperthyroid!

Marilyn :)
  3. judywhit

judywhit New Member

yes Armour thyroid is a natural mix of T-3 and T-4. It is dessicated thyroid from pigs, I believe. Yes, you need a prescription. There are otc thyroid products you can get also. Look at thyroidpower on the net. I am taking a product by Standard Process called Drenatrophin it is Bovine adrenal and this is giving me back my life.

Judy
  4. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I just started on some supps for this. I am going to a holistic nurse and she put me on them. They are made by Biotics Laboratories and you can read about them on their website by the same name.

Right now I am taking Cytozyme AD and Immuplex. They are made of bovine and ovine (cow and sheep) which pleased me as I do not believe in the consumption of swine. I am working up slowly on them. I am thinking I would not just order them and take them..I would go to someone like this holistic person and see what it is that I need. In my case, the adrenals are exhausted and thus my thyroid is trying to make up for them. Not one doctor in thirty some years has ever mentioned my adrenals. Go figure.

Hope this helps you. Oh, she said this stuff is actually feeding you at the cellular level..I think that is a good thing.

Hope all is going well..and sorry I did not see this earlier! Sherry
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I have taken the maximum safe dosage of selenium for at least 15 yrs. now.
    I also eat nuts, which are full of selenium, twice daily.
    I still am hypothyroid and Armour Thyroid has helped me more than I can say. Try selenium by all means, but I would not give it more than a month if your thyroid does not improve.
    Yesterday, I did 15 minutes of range of motion exercises and 10 minutes of weight lifting, followed by 35 minutes on my treadmill at 3 mph. I had zero pain afterwards, and have no pain today. I never could have done that before the Armour!
    Klutzo