Natural Thyroid Support?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bpmwriter, Feb 10, 2006.

1. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

anyone out there tried both compounded t3 and some other form of natural thyroid support for comparison? i had to prematurely go off t3 prescribed by the ffc due to some unrelated side effects. i was thinking about getting back on it since it one of the most beneficial therapies of the protocol for me. i'm just wondering if alternatives such as glandulars are equally as effective??

eddie
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Cannot help. Anyone else??
    Anne
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Jeanne-in-Canada has posted extensively on this topic. I think she takes a mixed glandular (dunno if that is the right term .. but she says it helps with adrenals and thyroid).

You might wanna check out her posts.

Which brand/version of T3 did you take? I tried cytomel for less than a week. (Is that T3 or T4?)

It wiped me out, and I gave up on it, but am thinking of experimenting with some alternative support for my thyroid and adrenals.

BTW, I would be very interested to hear how you are getting on with the FFC protocol?

I am, somewhat reluctantly thinking of trying it out.. I'm a bit sceptical about the whole infection theory.. and very anti-abx.

But I suppose you can cherry-pick. Regardless, would welcome your input, and some info on who, in particular, you are seeing.

Regards
    Delia