Naturapathic doc - such incredible improvement

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maps1, Mar 23, 2009.

1. maps1

maps1 Member

End of december i went to see a naturapthic doc. I was very ill, my face was grey and i hardly ever left the house.

She has taken things very slow but for the last two weeks my body seems to have broken out of the fog, fatigue and many of the other symptoms. I am far from well yet but two weeks ago i started going out.

I went to canadian tire and home depot and spent four hours just browsing, all the time was waiting for that dreaded feeling but it did not happen.

Wednesday I met my grandaughters at 11am and we proceeded to walk all the way down queen street and ended up walking two or three times around the mall. We even went into a store with no main lights, just spotlights and I thought this is it, this is where everything is going to come crashing down, but it did not happen. i took them to the go train to go home to whitby and got hom myself at five.

Since then their has been no crash although I have been out everyday, I am not working through my finances and have been doing some yard work.

Now, not saying I am cured as two weeks is nothing in this illness but I have not had a break like this in two years. Also when i first went to see her my face was grey and eyes sunken and the rest of my body was so white. Now my skin has returned to a pink colour.

Right now I take about 35 remedies a day and they change about every three weeks.

Keeping all fingers and toes that this is the real deal.

2. msSusan

msSusan Member

I have been working with one doc. for a few years and I've been unable to tolerate the supps. he has recommended. They either made my headaches worse or caused more FM muscle(?) pain. (I also have many food intolerance's)

Here's a partial list of what I have tried:

Thyroid (meds, compounded T3/T4) made me too racy at low doses
    Progesterone (compounded and cream)
    Adrenal Support Tinctures (corn based ethanol? have corn intolerance)
    Liver/Bile Tincture (corn based ethanol? have corn intolerance)
    Inhibitory Neurotransmitter/Amino Acids
    GABA, 5-HTP by themselves
    DF Probiotics/Yogurt
    Fish Oil (but I can eat fish)
    Vit. D

3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi Maps - Could you give a brief description of what it is that your ND has you doing that is giving you such good results. I'm always curious to know what is helping other people incase it is something that I haven't yet tried.

4. msSusan

msSusan Member

You may want to ask your doc's/naturopath his opinion about this since mine thought that this shouldn't be an issue for me but all I know is that I always feel more achy when using tinctures.

He suggested putting drops in warm water to get rid of alcohol but that didn't seem to help either. Ones I have used were 20% alcohol. I have also tried 5% grain base.

Let me know what your doc's think about this.