Naturopath & Pain Medicine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VickyB, Feb 25, 2003.

1. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Do naturopaths use prescription meds to treat pain?? Does anyone know??
    Thanks, Vicky
  2. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

No, well at least mine doesn't. All herbal, vitamins and supplements. There is that one PA in town I was telling you about that is also a naturopath so he can write scripts and combines Western with Eastern meds. I think your insurance takes him too, he'd definitely be worth a try, in fact, I'm gonna call him tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me! Plus insurance here in Washington doesn't pay for naturopaths, but will pay for him, so we can get the best of both worlds!

~LISA
  3. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Thanks for the reply. I am happy to hear from you. I have not been able to even check email anymore - as it is toast!! We cannot figure out what is wrong.
    I must have brain fog because I am not sure what naturopath doctor you are talking about?
    My insurance is suppose to pay for my visit with Dr. Dunn. I will do further checking though to make sure.
    What about Rhus Toxicodendron 6?? I saw this listed under the post for fms without pain meds.
    Thanks for your help, Vicky
  4. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

I've never heard of that stuff, sounds homeopathic though. His name is Dr. Overton, he's in the book. He's a PA-C and a naturopath so he blends treatment accordingly. Only thing is I know 2 people who went to him, one good review and one bad. The bad one just said she didn't quite click with him is all, he seemed a little abrupt but probably becasue he was having a bad day. So, hmmmm.......???? I just called to find a new doctor and there are only two taking my insurance AND new patients and they are both ARNP's. I guess it'd be better to just stick with my PA-C since I've been with her almost two years and she already knows me. Frustrating huh.

Only in a perfect world.......

~LISA
  5. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Thanks for the reply. I am in a really bad flare right now from having visited the dentist. Last night was a nightmare, I could not sleep, my whole body is racked with pain!! I am trying to find some kind of pain relief!! My knees have been swelling and very painful so I am not sure if the Rhus Toxicodendron 6 is for me or not. I do feel better later in the day but not sure if it is from moving around or not??
    Thanks for listening to my whining!! If you have any suggestions - thanks!!
    Vicky
  6. healing

healing New Member

Vicky, hope you are starting to feel better.

You sound like you should take an anti-inflammatory. Sometimes homeopathics can take awhile to have an effect.
    However, I have taken Rhus Tox on several occasions and it works well for me. 3 pellets dissolved under the tongue 3x day.