Naturopath

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by berrytired, Mar 15, 2006.

1. berrytired

berrytired New Member

I've just booked my first consultation with a Naturopath...can anyone tell me what there's recommended...I'm also going to have allergy testing done.
  2. twerp

twerp New Member

I saw a Naturopath for a few months. He did not like "pharmaceuticals", but did prescribe Diflucan for intestinal yeast.

He also had me taking soy isoflavones for hot flashes; a multivitamin with minerals and trace minerals, but no iron or herbs; vegetable digestive enzymes; acidophilus; evening primrose oil; thymus; vitamin C and ViraCon.

He also did acupuncture on me.

He said I'd feel better in 3 months. I gave it 6, then went back to my "regular" GP.

I still take vitamins and the EPO, but pretty much dropped the rest as it didn't seem to be helping me.

You might have much better luck, though, so give it a try. I will warn that it gets kind of expensive as most insurance (mine included) does not pay for naturopathic treatment or the supplements they "prescribe".

Hope this helps some.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  3. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

Berry, I love my new naturopath. Just curious, is the allergy testing they are going to do NAET?

Just like anything, there's really good ones out there and some not so good, but give it a shot and see if they can help you.

The one I'm going to has really helped her patients out a lot. I sent my husband to her, too, and he's made major progress with some things our regular doc couldn't help.

Keep us posted.

Sbilek
  4. berrytired

berrytired New Member

Hi! Thanks for replying!! I was reluctant to go in the first place because there is a naturopath that works/owns at the Health store I go to so I just basically need to walk into the store and they can run off what I should be taking and why...but I thought well, I have coverage at work to a certain degree so why not just hear what they have to say. The allergy testing is called Vega? I think...I don't go until April 18th so we'll see what happens from there...thanks again. I'm new to the board so hearing about all of this stuff just reassures me I'm not mental...
  5. berrytired

berrytired New Member

Diflucan - what did you think of that? and your right about cost...the first consultation is $160
  6. twerp

twerp New Member

I can't say whether it helped or not. I didn't notice any difference in the way I felt before the treatment and after.

I will say that it was very expensive. The Dr had me take it twice a day for a month, I believe. My insurance would not pay at first, as that is well beyond the standard dosage. Eventually, they did, but I had to go before a review board, etc. Big hassle.

Hugs,
    Twerp