Nausea and dizziness with heat

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zoey2006, Jun 16, 2008.

1. zoey2006

zoey2006 New Member

I have been nauseas and dizzy for the past couple of days. I think it's the heat, Anyone else having this problem? Feel just awful. Also when I bend over repeatedly, I am getting very winded And my back Hurts. Is this fibro?
  2. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have had nausea problems since I was a kid. I take medications now for it. Heat does seem to make it worse for sure.

You should talk to your doctor about getting a medication you can take when it gets really bad.
  3. zoey2006

zoey2006 New Member

I didn't think of the possibility of passing out and we do have ac so I'll try that. Also might try meds for nausea if thjat doesn't help. I hope it doesn't come to that, I have enough meds already! Thanks again.
  4. TXPeach

TXPeach New Member

The heat is one of my worst enemies! I get extremely nauseated if I even walk outside for a few minutes, and living in west Texas, this means I have to stay inside almost all of the time! I have vertigo right now so I am dizzy too.

I keep the AC running almost non-stop in the summer. Today it is supposed to be 103 here which is about normal for this time of year. UGH!

My electric bill last month was over $750!!!!!

I feel so much worse in the summer, and yes, I get winded easily too, but only during the summer. I guess it is a result of the heat.

Take care and I hope you stay cool. Feel better. :eek:)

God bless,
  5. jmq

jmq New Member

The heat absolutely kills me. I always suspected it but it was really put to the test over the last two months. I went to stay in New Zealand for two months...It is winter over there..but not freezing. Had windows wide open the entire time and slept under a down comforter. Its was wonderful. I had far more energy and less pain. I even slept better.

I have been back in Florida for five days and even in the air conditioning I am dizzy, nauseous, pain ridden, and so tierd I can barely get out of bed. I know the jet lag may have contibuted to the fatigue for a few days, ...but not the rest.

Unfortunately, my family does not want to move from sunny south Florida so I am stuck with it. The only thing that helps is sleeping with an ice pack in my bed and extra fans on me.

Hope you find relief too.

6. ellikers

ellikers New Member

Hey there ... I hope you're feeling better. I just wanted to pop my head in here long enough to say that I'm prone to heat exhaustion and dehydration and that sounds like what you could be dealing with.

Are you drinking lots of water? I once thought I was being so good by drinking lots of water that I actually drank so much that I depleted my electrolytes (salts in water essentially) and THAT made me so nauseous with the heat I threw up and nearly passed out.

In addition to staying cool and resting, I suggest drinking lots of water WITH a salty snack or dilute gatorade in half (at the strength you buy it in the store, it's too sugary, I've had EMTs and nurses tell me to dilute it in half with water because that's better for your body).