NAUSEA, ANYONE?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MsE, Sep 19, 2006.

1. MsE

MsE New Member

Do any of you suffer from nausea when you first wake up in the morning? Is this another CFS thing? It's been going on for several months. I'm seventy-one, so the usual cause can be dismissed.

This usually eases as the day progresses, but it is a gaggy way to start the day. How about it? Anyone words on this one?
  2. mindbender

mindbender New Member

Just kidding. hey, I was going to say NEXIUM, the miracle drug. BUT, I read an article in Immune Support about having to little stomach acid. This problem is yet another symptom of FM, CFS. It also gives you the feeling of having to much stomach acid.(indigestion). they also gave a small test for this. Take a spoon of baking soda, first thing in the morning. if you belch loudly, then this is NOT your problem. If you do not belch, then you have to little stomach acid. then it's between you and your Dr.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/19/2006]
  3. MsE

MsE New Member

The idea of taking baking soda in the morning makes me shudder, but I'll give it some thought, and Ron, I appreciate knowing someone else is dealing with this.
  4. jeduanboneis

jeduanboneis New Member

When I am crashing and have crashed, I am very sick to my stomach for most of the time. Last crash lasted 7 weeks and was mostly sick to my stomach the whole time.

I also have mainly CFS and do believe that it is a viral symptom. I had a Dr. once and he said "You have had nausea for 20+ years"? and my response was "Yep!!! He said, "Yuck!"

I like the baking soda idea. I am trying to drink 1/2 teaspoon baking soda in 16 oz. of water as many times per day as I can and it seems to help.

There have been 2 recent posts about nausea. One was entitled "sick to your stomach" and "alkalinize, alkalinize, etc." These posts have helped me so I hope that they will help you as well.

Here's to a sweet stomach!!!!

Jeanne

5. MsE

MsE New Member

I appreciate all the feedback I can get. Thanks!
  6. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi MsE

I have FM and I have a lot of nausea. For me it is connected to my pain levels, and stress levels. The more I overdo the more nauseous I get.

I have learned that when my nausea levels are getting up there my body is telling me to STOP what you are doing and be prepared for a crash!

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I had several different digestive problems on and off for several years, and it would usually be worst in the morning when I first got up - not nausea exactly but lack of appetite and upset stomach. I often couldn't eat til late in the day.

A chiropractor who does muscle testing (a form called Contact Reflex Analysis) helped me with all of this. I had to do a liver detox, started taking digestive enzymes with hydrochloric acid, took Betafood AF by Standard Process when my gallbladder was inflamed, sometimes my colon was inflamed and peppermint tea helped with that.

It was a lot of differnt things at different times but they've all been dealt with and I usually don't wake up feeling sick any more. And if I do, I'm now able to track down the problem and deal with it.

I had gone to doctors and they were helpless, could not do a thing for me. I would have been lost without the chiropractor.

Mary
  8. MsE

MsE New Member

The comment about the connection between nausea and stress levels and pain levels hit home. I don't have fibro--at least not diagnosed--but have CFS for many years. I am going to start tracking the instances of nausea because I have a steaking suspicion that stress levels are connected.

A few days I returned from a grueling trip to the other side of the State to help my sister. It was an upsetting, eye-opening experience that left me very stressed and the CFS in an uproar. I'm going to start paying more attention to see if there is a real connection for me.

Also, I know I have gall stones. I don't know if my gall bladder is inflamed or not, but that is something else to ask about when I see the doc next time.

Good info. Thanks.

PS> I used to go to a chiropractor fairly regularly over a few years, but had to stop because manipulation was making matters worse. So, that's one avenue I'm not going to travel.
  9. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Mse - when I suggested you see a chiropractor, I didn't mean for manipulation. Many are trained in muscle testing, they press on your arm or leg to see if you go weak when they touch certain points. It's nothing like being manipulated, it doesn't hurt at all. The ones I've had the best results with were trained in Contact Reflex Analysis, sometimes called kinesiology. And they then would recommend I buy nutritional supplements by Standard Process, which are very good products. The proof is in the pudding - they generally helped me, often quite a bit, which is more than I can say for regular doctors.

Right now I'm seeing someone who I think has helped boost my energy quite a bit with a product called Fortil B12 by Standard Process. It's working better than the sublingual B12 I was taking.

Mary
  10. MsE

MsE New Member

Hey! You're right! I had forgotten that there is a chiropractor in town who uses the technique you described. I saw him a few times, and he put me on bilingual B 12 and something for yeast in my stomach. Hmmmm. I wonder if he is still in town? Thanks for the follow-up.