Nausea, bloated feeling, aches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by moi482001, Mar 30, 2012.

1. moi482001

moi482001 Member

In the last few weeks, my stomach has started to give me problems. A few minutes after I have eaten, my stomach bloats up very hard and nausea sets in. I have an urge to go to the washroom but the output is nowhere near the urge.

This continues until my next mealtime but it really prevents me from enjoying my meal because the discomfort starts again.

Any suggestions on what this could be. I have gone out to buy a digestive enzyme complex and will try this before my next meal.

I have Fibro and to date my stomach has never been a problem. (Thank God)

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Take a look at Deepak's post about bloating, there are several suggestions today for him which might help you.

I was helped a great deal by a chiropractor who does muscle testing with several digestive issues, and one of the most important things I learned was that I needed to take hydrochloric acid before meals. Digestive enzymes were not enough for me. This affected my liver, gallbladder, everything, and everything improved a lot once I started taking the HCL.

Anyways, look at Deepak's post and you may get some help there.

By the way - are you taking any new meds or any of the antacid meds? They can cause nausea and all sorts of side effects.

Best wishes,

3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Leah is right, it could be your gallbladder. THis is one of teh things my chiropractor helped me with - actually I believe he saved my gallbladder.

I would feel full immediately after eating, food felt like it just sat in my stomach like a rock, was not being digested properly, and I burped a lot. The chiro found that my gallbladder was inflamed and gave me AF Betafood by Standard Process. It worked fabulously to help clear it up (regular docs were helpsless with this - too often they can find nothing wrong until the problem has gotten very serious and then needs surgery).

And fats were the hardest for me to digest. It was after this that I learned I needed to take HCL with meals, especially high protein or meals with meat and fat which are hard to digest. My digestion now is very good. I eat well, not a lot of fat or anything like that, do eat a lot of vegies, but have no problem with meat etc.

If you want to find a chiro who does muscle testing, one way to do it is go to the Standard Process website - they make supplements many chiros use, and their customer service dept will give you the names of practitioners in your area who use their products.

4. moi482001

moi482001 Member

Thank you for your reply. I did read Deepak's post and will take all the suggestions.

In the last 6 months, I have decided to stop Oxycotin and antidepression meds for obvious reasons. Oxycotin was causing such bad constipation that I hope that this did not contribute to other health issues.

I have started taking Digestive enzymes (2 days) and a slow laxative at nite. The laxative does not seem to clear out as much outpout as the input. This seems difficult to understand since for the most part, my diet is mostly vegetarian. Never eat greasy foods.

Life is tough weaning off meds but I absolutely want to be finished with these meds. Almost daily, I hear of a new side effects and class action suits because of these meds. But I hope to be successful by July and hopefully the bloating will be just a memory. Then all I have is Fibro.
  5. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

You discribe how I felt minus the sharp, stabbing,kill ne now pain that I had when I needed my gallbladder removed.
    Now when ever I eat some thing really greasy, fizzy, foods and drink I get the same feelings you discribe.

So I don't eat them. I can't eat any spicy foods as they really do a number on me. I am also on Mscontin and hydromophone for pain from both fibro and end-stage oesteo-arthritis in both knee's , disc problems, ect.

I have found that taking over the counter Miralax works great for the constaptaion and I also eat alot of oatmeal , flax, granola and it also helps with the digestive problems.

I too am weaing off my meds, I have reduced the amount and dosage of two my two pain meds.

I know I won't ever be off them totally but I do want to take the least amount possiable for pain. I am also trying to reduce my soma a muscle relaxant but all of this has to be done very slowly and controled.So it takes time to do it.

I would look in to getting your gallbladder checked out. It can't hurt. Maybe it would help.
    Hope you are doing betting.
  6. moi482001

moi482001 Member

Thank you for your reply. Will meet with my doctor to investigate the gallbladder.

Good luck to you for getting off those meds.