Nausea from supplements

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hermitlady, Mar 2, 2010.

1. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I have been taking a lot of supps over the last month, trying to recover from detoxing off of narcotics. I'm feeling a lot better, but it's been a slow, grueling process.

My problem is I feel so sick to my stomach from taking all of these supps. He has me taking Methyl B12 sublingual and injections at home, 500mg B6, a prescription of misc B vitamins, Nadh, CoQ10, 4000 IU D3, Women's Multi, Calcium/Magnesium plus a couple of others that have slipped my mind.

I try and spread them out throughout the day, and take w food, but still nauseous. Any helpful hints??????
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I find that I feel nauseous if I take my supplements with water, therefore, I switched to orange juice and haven't had that problem since.
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I have had the same problem....some are much worse than others, though....found that I simply cannot take fish oil anymore, but by switching to liquid B vitamins (from the pills), I can still take to magnesium, the mag citrate version is easier to digest and absorb than the other versions, so that also helped....and I try to only get the supps that do not have any added fillers - some have quite a bit of unnecessary garbage added

another thing is that I have divided up the doses of some of them - they are better absorbed that way anyway

I still have some problems with the supplements, but those changes have helped.....and I also take them with ginger ale and/or take ginger capsules, too....some people find that taking peppermint helps, but that didn't help me
    [This Message was Edited on 03/02/2010]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/02/2010]
  4. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Jamin, It's actually not just nausea, but also a feeling that I have a rock in my stomach! Like those monster pills just sink to the bottom and stay there! Been using a little Pepto Bismol and Tums. I've never tried the baking soda, maybe I'll give it a whirl.

Tiger Lilea, Orange Juice would do me in, for sure. I can't tolerate the acidity of many things.

I know people say to take pills w milk to protect your stomach, but I'm not a milk drinker...causes even more stomach issues. Grrrrrrrr.

Aunt Tammie,
    We must have been typing at the same time! I forgot about ginger, I'll have to try that. I still have a bunch of those mini candy canes from Christmas that I munch on, I love them.[This Message was Edited on 03/02/2010]