Nausea...Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by barbinindiana, Jul 30, 2006.

1. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

My sister who also has FM and CFS has been experiencing nausea for weeks now everyday. It's connected to her orthostatic intolerance. She has relief when she has been lying down for awhile, but if she sits up or stands she becomes terribly nauseous and stays that way until she lays down again. Her doctor told her she's doing the right thing laying down, DUH! but hasn't offered any other help. So she's having to spend her life right now in bed for the most part. When she has to get up or sit up she sick again.

Has anyone here had this problem, and if so, did you get any real help with it. It's hurting me so bad that she suffering so much. We both would really appreciate it if someone could tell us something that would help her.

Barb
  2. janieb

janieb New Member

I really know nothing about this, except that I think your sister is very lucky to have you. Sorry the doctor isn't more help.

Prayers are with you and your sister.

Blessings,

janieb
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Do a search for nausea under title and content. I just had a thread because I have so many problems with this.

I really don't think anyone has an answer but a lot of us suffer from it.
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Sometimes the Orthostatic intolerance can be caused by Adrenal weakness. There are supplements that might help. Also, some get relief by drinking more water and salt. If it's this bad, I think the doctor should be ordering tests. There are a few meds that can be tried.
    Ginger is often helpful for nausea and I find peppermint oil helps too, just smelling it or putting some under your nose. Also, of course, there are meds for nausea which are easy to get. Has she tried any of those?

Kathy
  5. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

Thanks for mentioning adrenal weakness. I talk my sister about this. She does know she has an orthostatic intolerance problem, and that's what is causing the nausea. She has tried meds made for nausea, but none of them have helped.

She normally has a low blood pressure, so a heart doctor put her on a med (can't remember what it's called, but starts with a "F")to help her with the orthostatic intolerance, but it raised her blood pressure too high, and she started putting on a lot of water weight. The doctor said she was in heart failure, so he took her of the med, but didn't do anything else for her.

I'll give her the info you gave me.
    Thanks Again
    Barb
  6. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

Thank you to everyone for the posts. I am just desperate to find some help for her. The doctor had to take her off a med that he had her on, because it put her in heart failure. He didn't offer her anything else to help her.

I can't stand thinking that she is going to continue to have to stay lying down all the time to get relieve. I know what's this nausea is like, because I've had it before myself, but mine was never for more than a few days, and she's been having this for weeks now.

Thanks Again,
    Barb
  7. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

If you haven't done it already, do a search on OI. There is a lot of stuff here and you might find some help.

Kathy
  8. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I've be researching OI for years. That how I knew to tell my doctor I needed a tilt table test done. Which, by the way, I passed out on. That's also how I knew that my sister has it, and told her to get her doctor to test her for it. She also tested positive. I just haven't been able to find what can help someone that has nausea from it all the time unless they are lying down, but I'm still looking.

Thank you so much for trying to help me.
    Barb
    [This Message was Edited on 07/30/2006]
  9. Empower

Empower New Member

For nausea, I sip ginger ale or club soda
  10. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

11. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

barbinindiana:

When I had some growths removed from my upper
    GI system I kept getting nauseous. My doctor gave me
    Tigan suppositories.

It worked wonderfully.

nyrofan
  12. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

About 4 yrs ago I had this nausea on & off. It would last for several months at a time. I had low b.p as well. It seemed to have subsided on its own over time. Don't know if anything I did helped relieve it but it did go away. I later had nausea from a bad gallbladder but this was not detectable until I had a hida scan. I had gallbladder removed due to low function not stones.
    ruby