Nausea with CFS/FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Spoonerpaws, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

Does anyone get nauseated and general feelings of "not being well with their syndromes?

It seems I am nauseous alot and always feel like I have the flu
  2. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

Does anyone get nauseated and general feelings of "not being well with their syndromes?

It seems I am nauseous alot and always feel like I have the flu
  3. Newswoman

Newswoman New Member

I don't know if that has to do with the fibro itself, or the herbs and vitamins that I take to treat it.
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

I have been nauseous since the day I got sick 10 yrs ago. Sometimes it is not as bad as others but it never goes away completely.

I do not feel flu-like but I do know of CFS/FM sufferers who do. However, I am ALWAYS aware of what is going on in my bowels. Very weird.

You are not alone in this, believe me. Pepper
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Yes, I do get that nauseous feeling, but not as often as you are describing. I truly hate the feeling, I would rather deal with the pain.

I will eat dry toast and 7UP, it seems to curb the darn nausea. Also, my daughter in law told me to try; Orange Sherbert in 7UP, about an 8 ounce glass with a couple of scoops os Sherbert, at first I was afraid of trying this, but I finally gave it a try, and I will be darn if it didn't work! Also I bought an ice shaver, crushed ice also helps.

As for that all over flu feeling, yes, but again not too often. That usually happens when I am tired, or the weather is very damp and muggy.

I think that is more of a CFS symptom then the Fibro.

HOpe this helps a little, with these illnesses every bit of advice is helpful, you never know what will help!

Shalom, Shirl
  6. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Yes--a resounding yes!
    My main complaints are pain, fatigue, nausea, and flu-like feelings.

The nausea is daily--sometimes being moderate, other days severe. The flu-like symptoms are daily.
    On the days that I am very nauseated there is nothing I can eat or drink to ward this off--just passing anything with a smell under my nose brings on waves of nausea, with vomiting.
    Sometimes I take phergren (sp) when I absolutely must consider nutrition, and an easing of the nausea symptoms.
    Dx'ed with Fibro and Cfs
    Sorry to hear you are experiencing this--it's a bummer.
    Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 11/15/2002]
  7. Dara

Dara New Member

every morning I wake up nauseated and feel like I have the flu. It usually lasts until early to middle afternoon. Sometimes I even feel like I am running a fever, which usually I am not. What I do is wake up early, get up take my morning medications and lay back down for awhile. I believe this is all caused from the Fibro.

Dara
  8. missboo

missboo New Member

but mine is only when driving, reading or working on the computer. From what i've read it has to do with weak eye muscles the cause problems in tracking any kind of movement. i take reglan for the nausea. it controls it pretty well. i don't know if this is what is causing your problem, but it may be worth considering!
    missboo.