Nausea!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rbtheidmanhabs, Oct 19, 2002.

1. rbtheidmanhabs

rbtheidmanhabs New Member

I have severe FMS also Helobacter Pyloria and feel sick quite often.Does anyone have this feeling.My doctor had me on Pantoloc and now Prevacid but seems to be wearing off .Any suggestions!

Bob
  2. rbtheidmanhabs

I have severe FMS also Helobacter Pyloria and feel sick quite often.Does anyone have this feeling.My doctor had me on Pantoloc and now Prevacid but seems to be wearing off .Any suggestions!

Bob
  3. fibolady

fibolady New Member

i wasn't quite sure if you meant sick to the stomach. did you get treatment for the HP? pepto bismol helps me a lot with stomach upset but waaaay back in the 80's i felt nausauted all day long, the internist put me on a drug, reglan. it helped, but i am not sure if that drug is used anymore.

at least you are not pregnant, hehe.

warm regards, fibolady
  4. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

So prey tell, what is Helobacter Pyloria???

Marilyn :)
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Hi Bob, I went through a period of terrible nausea. Seems to have eased up now, and only have occassional bouts. When it was at it's worst, I took phenegren (sp?). If I took this upon waking in the morning, before stepping out of bed--it helped.
    Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 10/20/2002]
  6. tes

tes New Member

I myself get nausea from time to time. It's a horrible symptom. Just wondering if anyone gets the stomach pain as well. Tested for ulcers etc. everything normal. Guess it's part of this dd.
    Hope your all feeling better,
    Tes
  7. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

Bob: I too cultured for h. pylori, will see gi dr. on l0/21 i don't do good on antibiotics, so dr. cheney sent me article published in n. eng. journal of med , its a nat. substance shown to be effetive, i ain't started it yet, will disucss mon. wtih gi dr. i cna't post who makes it and name on board

e mail me

paulstory@iolky.com
  8. blast

blast New Member

I had this same problem and I just couldn't get rid of it! My doc checked me for gallstones and did a cat scann of my gall-bladder, and everything came back normal or close to normal. So, then she put me on Prilosec, and ever since then I have felt like a new person. I still have the nausea some days, but we believe it is the IBS combined with the other medications I take daily, which include Opiates.
    We did other tests to rule out other problems all of which came back normal. After all of that, we have concluded what I mentioned above is the diagnoses.
    If your medications are not working, I would suggeset to your doc a couple of different things. First of all, Phenegran works wonderful, but does make you tired. Second, a wonderful drug called Zofran, which is given to chemo pts. Can be used for nausea of all kinds. It works reeeeally well. Reglan, which someone else suggested, has a lot of side effects, and I would stay away from this drug, it is not used often for just nauesa. Finally if all else fails, there are some injectable meds that are avaliable. E-mail me if you'd like to know about them, my e-mail is sherriavollmer@aol.com I know a lot about nauesa meds because my husband has Gastroperesis, a complication due to diabetes. It is where your stomach does not move your food. He uses several anti-nausea meds and we know a lot that work, and a lot that don't work!
    Sorry to ramble on so much, but nausea really gets to me due to the fact that my husband is hospitalized every couple of weeks.
    Good luck and e-mail me anytime!
    Sherri :)
  9. rbtheidmanhabs

Well Marilyn!
    Helobactor Pyloria is a cancer cell.Right now with me it's not active.The doctors have told me that if I don't take the medication for the gastritis it very well could turn into stomach cancer.

Bob
  10. Vamp

Vamp New Member

INTERSTING BOB as I have quite a lot of nausea especially mornings.. will wake me out of sleep - etc., do have bad GERD problems and was told in the beginning of this I am walking candidate for stomach cancer, lymphonia, colon cancer and such....
    VERY interesting question you have posed here. I have wondered the same... I have both CFIDS and FMS with a severe sleep disorder tossed in, so it is hard to tell for me what is coming from what.
    Vamp
  11. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I've never heard of that one before! Yikes!! I do get nausea (sp) on occasion, about once a month, but usually it wakes me out of a dead sleep. I never throw up and it passes fast. I was told it was part of my peri-menopause.

I just attempted to research this on the net, and none of the search engines brought up ANYTHING on it! Not a single page.

[This Message was Edited on 10/26/2002]
  12. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

It was spelled wrong, that's why I couldn't find it on the net. Here's some info:

Helicobacter pylori - peptic ulcer disease. A peptic ulcer is a sore or hole in the lining of the stomach or duodenum (the first part of the small intestine). People of any age can get an ulcer and women are affected just as often as men. Over 25 million Americans will suffer from an ulcer at some point during their lifetime. The good news is that most ulcers are caused by an infection with the bacterium, Helicobacter pylori, and can be cured in about two weeks with antibiotics.

I guess I knew this too, but didn't recognize the medical terminology for the condition.

13. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

Bob darlin, Please don't tell people Helicobacter Pylori is a cancer cell! It isn't. It's a bug. You doctor told you wrong or something. The thing is if you have it and ulcers all the time, it can start making your stomach cells funny. But H. Pylori is usually easily cleared up with antibiotics. People scare easily around here, lol. Try to remain calm. :). Hugs N
  14. rbtheidmanhabs

Hey!
    It my immunologists that told me about it being a cancer cell.
    Bob
  15. achy

achy New Member

I thouhgt for sure I had some kind of terrible disease. I have bouts of nausea...first thing in the am. If I eat anything besides oatmeal for brkfast(which i detest) I puke everything i try to eat for the rest of the day. I also get the wattery runs. This totally sucks. You head for the bathroom and don't know wether to sit on or bend over!!
    My doc gave me an Rx for phenergan, but didn't fill it. I am today. Haven't kept anything down but oatmeal and little bowl of chicken soup in 2 days. So far so good today. I didn't know this was part of this DD. And they say it isn't progressive? I wan't having this 2 months ago!! What's next??
    Frustrated and green
    Achy
  16. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

Nausea can be cause by cervical stenosis. Basically a nerve in your neck. Believe me I know all about it!!!!!
    My first neck injury had nausea/severe headache (thought my head would explode) for several months

After my car accident 2/00 I was nauseous and could not bend at the waist, even slightly, look up or down w/o MORE nausea/headache for a year - lost 30 lbs.

I just recently found out out about the neck thing doing my regular research. Not ONE doctor/PT told me, and all we're baffled by my nausea and 'cement' muscles! (CMPS)

Just 2 weeks ago sitting at this computer on this board I found out where the 'explosive' headache pain came from! My back hurts from sitting so I put my left leg up on the desk and felt great! The severe localized back pain was relieved! And then slowly the 'old' headache came on - it is from the area in my spine being compressed! It is amazing how pain can be referred in the body through muscle/soft tissue injury, and this includes nausea!
  17. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I've never heard of your symptoms being part of FM. Yes, we do get upset stomachs and IBS, but yours sound a bit extreme. It just doesn't sound right to me.