NBC TV is Cancelling "PASSIONS" ..........

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JLH, Jan 18, 2007.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

NBC TV is cancelling the soap opera "PASSIONS" to add a 4th hour to their morning show "Today"! YUCK!

I have watched Passions since Day #1 and just hate hearing this!!!

If you hate it, too, email NBC and tell them so!!!!!

jlh
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I watch As The World Turns, but I have several friends that watch Passions. I guess when they find out they will be very upset. Passions comes on the same time as ATWT, just on a different channel.

Sorry you are losing your soap.

Love,
    Faye
  3. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat New Member

JIH, Boy, this has me really ticked off! I have watched the show "Passions" since the very first day it came on. But, I was thinking, Passions comes on here (in AZ.) at 2 PM. I don't know if it would be affected here? It would come on at Noon time ( Eastern time ) so if the Today Show comes on at 7 AM, it would be over at 11 AM. So, maybe it won't be cancelled? I did contact NBC and when I wrote in my concern it said the page was not available anymore. So, what can we do???? Let me know and I'll do it. Thanks!

AZDesertRat
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

AZDesertRat,
    You are a genius for finding this post. How did you manage that? For the other people on the board, I know who this person is, she is a friend of mine and one of the people who is a Passion fan.

If I was you all, I would email NBC about your soap.

Dinner is ready...

The show comes on at 2 PM here EST at the same time as ATWT, which comes on at 2 PM too.

Love,
    Faye
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

It is true that NBC is canceling Passions some time this summer. Of course another network could pick it up, but I believe ABC and CBS is full at that time.

I'm not a Passions fan, but I did want to put this info on the board for fans of that show.

I really feel sorry as I know how I would feel if my soap, As The World Turns was canceled.

Take care,
    Faye
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

ilovecats94 - Faye:

Thanks so much for the info!

I know Passions is the lowest rated soap, but one of them has to be last!!! I just think it is finally getting better and now it's going to be over.

The article I read said that a "survey" that NBC did indicated that more people were interested in "other" daytime programming rather than soap operas. Ha! I don't believe it!

I don't think I could sit and watch 4 hours of the Today show!!!

I guess Meredith and Matt will be the primary ones on the show from 7 - 9 and then Al and Ann from 9 - 10 and they didn't know who from 10 - 11. It mentioned something that Meredith's contract states that she cannot be on morning TV past 9:30 am due to her having to tape the Millionnaire show.

Anyway ...... everyone send an email supporting Passions to stay on the air!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
    Janet

P.S. Faye, I'm glad you bumped into your friend here!!!
    Have a good weekend .... and I'll talk with you later!
    Hugs,
    Janet
    [This Message was Edited on 01/19/2007]
  7. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat New Member

I did contact NBC and when I did, they said that that page was no longer available! DARN!! Now what do we do??? I love that show so much and this really bums me out. I guess the only other thing to do is to go into Passions and let them know and maybe they can forward all of their messages to the station somehow. Just a thought. To Faye, well, I knew this would not be under the diabetic message board and saw the chit chat one and so I looked for jih in here since you told me she posted the post in here. They did say the maybe some other station could pick it up, I hope so! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

AZDesertRat
  8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

So I know how you all feel. I know that ATWT isn't the highest rated soap either, but has been my favorite for many years. I used to listen to it when I was doing homework when in high school. The show is that old... lol

Good luck Passions fans!

Take care,
    Faye
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

I was able to get to: www.nbc.com
    and then you can get to the daytime shows
  10. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat New Member

I did the same thing as you did, went into nbc.com clicked on "contact us" told them how I felt, etc. and when I had clicked on the submit button, the next page came up and told me that it did not exist any longer. Maybe you did something different, if so, what did you do so that I can do the same thing.

AZDesertRat