NCF: Latest Research Grant Recipients

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by beachlover1957, Nov 1, 2005.

1. beachlover1957

beachlover1957 New Member

The National CFIDS Foundation Announces its Latest Research Grant Recipients
    10/20/05

The National CFIDS Foundation is pleased to announce the latest grant recipients from its Research Grant Program. This grant program has been very active since its inception in 2002 with funding coming exclusively from generous
    donations by the CFS/ME patient community. These newest NCF research grants total $186,000.

Dr. Konstance Knox and Dr. Donald Carrigan are virologists with the Institute for Viral Pathogenesis in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. They are recipients of a $159,000 NCF research grant titled "The Potential Role of New Infectious Agents
    in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome."

Dr. Yoshitsugi Hokama is the recipient of a $25,000 NCF grant titled "Verification of the Site 5 Sodium Channel Effect of the Abnormal Lipid Found in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Patient Sera."

Dr. Derek Enlander is the recipient of a $2,000 NCF research grant for his collaboration with Dr. Jonathan Kerr on a "RNA Gene Expression Study" for CFS/ME patients.

Since 2002, over $325,000 has been directed to fund research concepts that have originated from the NCF as part of their Research Grant Program.

All donations used for research have come directly from our CFIDS/ME community! A more detailed explanation of each research grant funded by The National CFIDS Foundation will be in the winter edition of our quarterly newsletter.

For better health,

Gail Kansky
    President, National CFIDS Foundation, Inc.
    103 Aletha Rd.
    Needham, MA 02492-3931
    781-449-3535

http://www.NCF-NET.org