Near Death Experience therapist??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Apr 30, 2006.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Anyone who's aware of any therapists that will do phone therapy?

Thanks & LIGHT*********carole
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

My naturopath found me a therapist who said she could work with me through e-mail, since I can't talk on the phone anymore. Then the therapist changed her mind and said she could only meet in person with occasional phone calls as needed.

So, needless to say, I wanted to give that therapist a near death experience of her own. (kidding, kidding...)

The search for someone who will work with me through e-mail continues to be source of frustration for me.

Anyway, here in Calgary, the Distress Centre is willing to do phone counselling for free. Maybe there is a service like this where you live? The Distress Centre is not top quality, and only six sessions (they're more of a crisis place) but something. And the lady who backed out on me was not totally opposed to the idea. So there's hope.

I think you'll find someone. Is their a psychological association you could call and ask if anyone could refer you to someone who will work over the phone? Maybe your doctor could help find someone?

While you're waiting, there are a couple of things you might try for venting. Your crisis line, if it's like mine, isn't made up of professionals, but they're generally good listeners in a pinch. There's also The Samaritans, who do e-mails. You can look them up on the web. Their replies are short and read like form letters, but they can also be something to help tide you over until you get your therapist.

Hope you'll be okay and that you will get someone really super to work with. I'm in this situation myself, kind of, so I know that it's frustrating to be held back from the resources that healthy people have easy access to, when you're sicker than they are. But someone will come through for you!
    (((it'll work out!))) Shannon (((sending hugs!)))
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I've googled my eyes out, and e-mailed, but no-one responds. Last night I was thinking of using the crisis line, but problem is I really need someone who's had one to understand the issue I'm dealing with.

And I have to do it by phone, so I"ll, like you, keep searching.

LIGHT & HOPE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>carole
  4. Shannonsparkles

Is it okay to ask what your experience was?

Don't hesitate to try the crisis line next time you feel like doing it. Basically no one I talk to there knows a wit about CFS, and that's what I call to complain about. But they just have to listen, and that's what they're trained for. It's a good stress reliever most of the time. I am always glad that I called. If the person doesn't understand you, just hang up on them and try again in a minute and you will get someone different.

Let us know when you do get someone? What were you googling?

I finally got a reply from the next therapist I was considering. He had been away for a few days, and that's why there was a delay in hearing from him. I hope it works out. I've been dumping all my emotional concerns on my naturopath to the point where I'm starting to feel sorry for her. That can't be good!

Please don't give up! There's gotta be someone flexible enough and with the experience you need who will help you. And you can write here about it too if you feel like it. There might be somone who can relate to it.

(((hugs))) Shannon
  5. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I've googled for death & dying; NDE therapists & nothing. But yesterday the Sr.'s Center gave me the name of an NDE support group where I can call & see if they can give me a referral.

My NDE happened as a result of a parachute accident, and it was an extremely wonderful experience. Just having a hard time forgetting it.

LIGHT*************carole
  6. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Maybe it is just intuntion here but, maybe you do not need a ND therapist and just someone who has been there or someone who knows a lot on this topic. Just a thought! Hang in there!
  7. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I had a session yesterday with my therapist, and right before that I had this total opening of how my life pattern had fallen out.

I won't go into the childhood beginnings, but after my NDE I found total peace, and was angry to return here.(accident) I then became a psychological counselor, and served for many years. Then I became ill, and this is the present piece........realizing I've been an Empath which has led to this illness. Taking on mostly negative energies from others.

So being out in the world is pretty much out for me. The NDE was the "catalyst" for my illness & gift of knowingness.
    Now I'm in a space where I cannot handle the heavy energy of this planet.

I still serve in many ways, but in order to survive, have to surround myself with nature & animals, who are my "Empaths"...........detoxing me. And I've done this part since a child.

Know this took you to another place, but needed to finish my story as it is now.

LIGHT************carole
  8. Shannonsparkles

Thanks for sharing, carol. I can't really relate to your experience, but I'm glad that you are okay to talk about it and have a support group to try. Maybe some of them would be willing to share phone numbers too. :)
    Glad you're here.
    ((sending positive energies)) Shannon