Neausea

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Nov 19, 2002.

1. achy

achy New Member

Ok...what is causing this neausea. I may go for a week or two and them wham..out of nowhere I feel "green". I also notice a lot more saliva and kindo foa "lump in my throat" feeling. It's not food related as far as I can tell.
    I have Phenergan (sp)..but it totally knocks me out.
    Anybody else? maybe meds? haven't started any new ones.
    I take
    Oxy
    Soma
    Zoloft
    cytomel
    & asthma meds, advair, singulair

Did just start taking calcium & mag...maybe that?

Sure would appreciate any advice. Severe pain and an upset tummy sure don't mix. This sucks.
    Warm Fuzzies
    Achy
  2. achy

achy New Member

Ok...what is causing this neausea. I may go for a week or two and them wham..out of nowhere I feel "green". I also notice a lot more saliva and kindo foa "lump in my throat" feeling. It's not food related as far as I can tell.
    I have Phenergan (sp)..but it totally knocks me out.
    Anybody else? maybe meds? haven't started any new ones.
    I take
    Oxy
    Soma
    Zoloft
    cytomel
    & asthma meds, advair, singulair

Did just start taking calcium & mag...maybe that?

Sure would appreciate any advice. Severe pain and an upset tummy sure don't mix. This sucks.
    Warm Fuzzies
    Achy
  3. kellym

kellym New Member

Hey there Achy. I feel nauseated almost every day. I thought it was the IBS part of CFS. Who knows? It sure does suck!
    Kelly
  4. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I'm in! I have tried to find correlation between meds, foods, etc. No can do!
    Its the darn syndrome...in my case, I am convinced.
    I am very resistant to drugs so get no sleepiness from phenegren--can't tell I have taken it--except it does overcome the nausea--thank GAWD!
    Karen
  5. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I get this too, sometimes while at the grocery store at night, and the only thing we can figure out that makes sense to me is that this is from perimenopause/menopause (estrogen surges) ....whichever I'm in right now. Perimenopause starts in your 30's and nausea is ONE of the symptoms. It comes and goes so fast, so I've gotten used to it. I pop a Tums right away to nip it in the bud!

Marilyn :)
  6. fibolady

fibolady New Member

i get very nasuase (sp?) sometimes for days at a time. i can't find any correlation except that it pops up during my worst times. i usually just swig the pepto bismol, which seems to help.

warm regards, fibolady
  7. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Hmmmm...interesting you should mention that. I took a Calcium/mag/D/potassium combo pill around noon. I've had an upset stomach on and off all day since then....it comes and goes in waves. I wonder if this pill could be causing it? I've taken mag alone alot, but usually take it after my supper. Any advice?

Marilyn :)
  8. LindaGa

LindaGa New Member

I had this during a bad flare,once the flare settled down i was ok.my dr put me on ranadine for heartburn and acid reflux also.Hope you feel better soon>God Bless.LindaGa
  9. tamara!

tamara! New Member

Me too. I feel nausea everyday,it seems to come over me like waves. I sometimes I feel so close to barfing, but even when I get the flu I don't do that. I try to eat and sometimes that helps. I think this is something that's part of our disease.I also have reflux too.
    TAMARA!
  10. achy

achy New Member

I started taking the Magnesium before bed...and I wake up neauseated. It settles doen if I eat oatmeal, but then comes back on-off.
    I think I'll quit the Mag and see what happends. Also the 1/2 phenergan. I have ENT appt. today, maybe he can shed some light....If I don't puke on him! LOL
    thanks for all the advise
    Warm Fuzzies
    Achy
  11. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Mine was caused by a post nasal drip. I got rid of the sinus attacks, and the nausea is gone.

I have no problems with magnesium, I take Pro Energy on an empty stomach at that. I also take the ZMA at night, which is also magnesium.

Shalom, Shirl